Trad bows for young hunters

Daughter turns 12 next year so she'll be old enough to hunt.
No draw weight restrictions in MY, so I'm thinking a 35# at her draw weight would be about right for close range deer.
She's been shooting a stick since she was in diapers. She's got a 25# Black hunter and has no problem drawing that.

Kind of thinking I'll order a bow from South for her early next year. Probably the Bobcat or a Coyote. Maybe an ACS longbow. Carbon in the limbs either way to get as much out of it as she can.

Thought about a compound but she's already good with a stick bow.

Anyone else have young kids dirt napping with trad bows?

A friend has about 680 acres close to town that's over populated with whitetails. And these deer are dumb. They're definitely not skidish at all. Pretty sure we could get her a shot or several at close range.

Dave0317

WKR
Mine has mostly been shooting a compound, but he will dabble with a recurve on occasion.

I have a Galaxy Scorch I bought at LAS for pretty cheap. For a kid learning to shoot, I think it’s a great bow. I think it’s 54 inch AMO, so fairly short, pretty light, grip is slightly smaller than typical ILF grips, so it’s perfect for a kid/teen. Lots of fun in the back yard.

If she serious enough about it, I would also look at a light aluminum ILF riser. Would be very easy to adjust/customize as she grows. Start with small limbs and later you can buy medium if she needs, or go up in poundage.

Would be hard for me to buy an all wood custom for a kid, but if she is that into and really doesn’t like the idea of ILF, go for it! I’ve never regretted buying a high quality bow or rifle, even for a kid.

South’s bobcat is super nice for kids, even the weasel. I would get a 54 inch coyote then just update the limbs as she ages for higher poundage.

I’ve had prolly 40 trad bow in the last 15 years. My acs longbow is my all time favorite bow. South crushed it with this design and the acs limbs.

Tradchef

WKR
South’s bobcat is super nice for kids, even the weasel. I would get a 54 inch coyote then just update the limbs as she ages for higher poundage.

I’ve had prolly 40 trad bow in the last 15 years. My acs longbow is my all time favorite bow. South crushed it with this design and the acs limbs.
This was what I was going to say. Dick Robertson makes a sweet little CoyPup in his line up. I know St. Joe River makes a kid specific bow too. Souths limb upgrades would be tough to beat though.

Grand Passage

Lil-Rokslider
I went with ILF risers for my kids, which are 7 & 9. Easy to swap limbs as they grow and strengthen, and in theory the riser could last their lifetime.

I looked for affordable 13 or 15” risers, but could not find the right option. I ended up getting 17” Galaxy Sear risers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aj you might need to order now. I’ve been waiting a while. 9 months and I’m still pretty far down the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk