Toughest hunt of your life?

Beendare

WKR
Aron, I hope you have been well- long time.

My toughest is probably one my many Alaska hunts. Slogging through miles of that muskeg, Swamp and such with it raining for days on end. Then I did a sheep hunt where miles of straight up shale and climbing around on rock cliffs with a heavy pack have left a lasting effect on my psyche [now I don't like heights- never used to be a thing]

I can't remember 1/2 of the elk I've killed...but I can remember days on end hunkering down in a high rocky pass in the Alaska Range 200-300y from the only legal sheep for many miles trying to get a bow shot at him through Sleet, rain and snow- miserable....but memorable. The guide kept pushing his rifle on me to try to make the pain go away....after a week, I capitulated.

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
Tough would be our annual Kodiak island blacktail hunts. We would set up a tent and stay for 8-10 days. Every morning we would leave the tent in the dark and climb and hunt all day till it got dark. Then we would pick our way back to the tent with full packs of meat wearing headlamps. Son and I would literally eat everything we could put our hands on. One night he finished a entire container of stuffing mix BEFORE we ate a huge dinner.
Tough, and extremely rewarding. Dall sheep hunts in the Brooks were a piece of cake compared to 8 days of how we hunted Kodiak.