too agressive insoles???

rumlor

FNG
So I finally bought myself a good pair of boots(Lowa Tibet) this spring and I also bought a pair of Sole softec ultra insoles. I started off the new boots with the insoles that came with the boots to make sure I was going to keep the boots, and they felt good. Now that Im sure Im going to keep the boots I put the Sole insoles in and they seem to have a very high arch support. When I put these in it seemed to bother my arch almost like my whole foot was supported mostly by my arch. Now I have to admit I have never used an aftermarket insole so maybe my feet just arent used to it. My question would be, are these too agressive for my foot or is this something I just need to get used to? Or maybe I just havent broke them in enough yet. One other thing is I havent put them in the oven yet because I wanted to try them and possilby return them if I didnt like them. So putting them in the oven might be the next step.

ckleeves

WKR
I have had the exact same problem with Sole insoles. I did the oven thing to see if it would help and honestly I couldn't tell a difference in the fit. They seem like comfortable insoles except for the arch is very high IMO. I have pretty high arches and it was still to much.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They will eventually get better (I've had the same issue), but it will take a few miles.

I'm guessing it feels sort of like a cramp in your arch?

Again, it will probably go away, but they are probably a little tall for your arch as well.

If the factory insoles work, get something more like the factory type, but with a little better arch support/structure.

OP
rumlor

rumlor

FNG
Yes Aron you are correct it feels like a cramp in my arch. I think I am going to try the oven and giving it a couple weeks. If that dont work what insole would you recommend for my issue?

I had the same issue with this boot. And when you put weight (as low as 40 pounds) it get MUCH worse. I could never make this go away. I tried every insole known to man (L&S, Super Feet, etc...) Now having other boots, I can clearly see the different. Lowas Tibets almost have a heel (inside) - a ridge/break....it almost feels like a cowboy boot. Take the insole out and feel it. I was heartbroken because I love the Tibets. Quality, everything...just never could make them comfortable.

Others love them...Like Aaron said, dont give up on them yet.....but they didnt work for me.

wyodan

WKR
I have SOLE insoles as well, & they do get better. Been using them in a set of lowas to take up some extra volume. I currently use some DFP insoles in my hanwags, the arch is not quite as extreme, & I find the DFPs more comfortable.

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
People have said that high insoles like super feet (green) bother them as first. Rumlor does it feel like it's to high and is a little bit back form the center of your arch? Many of people feel that at first, but most feel it gets better after time. Try swopping them bad and forth with the insoles that came with the boots. "BUT" your feet need to break in to the high insoles. Try wearing them in your daily wearing shoes. Remember to take the insoles that came with your shoes to swop them back and forth so your feet don't get sore. If after time your feet and many times back start to feel better, mine did. Remember you may have to wear the high insoles all the time to keep your feet tuned to the high insoles. Tee

Last edited: