Tommy Hogg in the back country

Was thinking about up grading to a 5 pin tommy Hogg, from a hunter, and I wanted to talk with some people before I drop the cash. Mostly go backpacking, never see a tree stand or ground blind. Was looking for feedback, positive and negative about this sight. I run a two pc quiver, and shoot a Hoyt Vector 35.

Other than bumping the big dial and moving your whole sight off, what's the draw backs?

Thanks

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a Tommy this year and liked everything about it except for the weight. It is rock solid and a great slider.

In the end I went the opposite way that you are thinking of and bought a Hunter mount for my head.

PM me if you would be interested in picking up my Tommy mount for your current head.

bandit1

FNG
I have a tommy 4 pin on my vector turbo. I like it. It allows you to practice at long range which will obviously help. Fixed pins 20-50 and the bottom pin is the adjustable. I'm considering going to a 3 pin (20-40) because if it's outside 40, odds are you have an opportunity to range and dial to exact yardage. Spot Hogg is beyond awesome. Small town company in sleepy little Harrisburg, Oregon. When I lived there as a kid in the 70s, it was population 500 or so. I'm a retired navy pilot and they give us military guys a 45% discount. That is unheard of, without doubt the most generous military discount that I have ever come across. I will always shoot Spot Hogg, it's the best sight out there, and the company deserves a HUGE pat on the back for their support of our warriors.

shaun

WKR
Was thinking about up grading to a 5 pin tommy Hogg, from a hunter, and I wanted to talk with some people before I drop the cash. Mostly go backpacking, never see a tree stand or ground blind. Was looking for feedback, positive and negative about this sight. I run a two pc quiver, and shoot a Hoyt Vector 35.

Other than bumping the big dial and moving your whole sight off, what's the draw backs?

Thanks

I shoot a 7pin Hogg father same as tommy hogg but with beaver tail. Thing is built like a tank to be honest if you bumped dial enough to move sight that would be the least of your worries dial locks in place

OR Archer

WKR
Thing is built like a tank to be honest if you bumped dial enough to move sight that would be the least of your worries dial locks in place

Agreed. Even if the lock is undone the chances of the sight moving without you physically doing it are slim.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pins are not micro adjustable, but the entire housing is both up and down and left and right. I also don't think you can bump the dial and do anything to it. If the dial got damaged, I would be willing to bet your bow is worse off. You can't go wrong with the Tommy Hogg.