Tobacco.

OP
O

Ozz08

WKR
Right on guys! I'm glad to see so many guys have quit chewing. It's tough as hell and it helps to know I'm not the only one that has struggled with quitting. My wife is the happiest about it. She's always told me I'm way too good looking to lose a section of my jawbone or something. LOL!

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
I am one of the lucky ones that when i was a teen tried chew and got sicker than a dog, now i think it is one of the nastiest habbits there is, good luck to you guys trying to quit.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I've quit chewing a half dozen times. The last time was about a year and a half ago. It may stick for good this time. I don't miss it much and I have a can of tobacco free stuff for those times when I do miss it.

BigSurArcher

Banned
OK guys... I'm on my last can. Yes, I'm planning on drawing it out as long as I can. But I put a piece of tape on the lid and wrote LAST ONE. I've been chewing a good amount the past few years since highschool, about a can every day and a half. It's time. I know it will be hard, because I've tried before. But the past few months I've been doing my body a lot of favors by working out, cycling, and eating very well (you can read a bit about it on my blog bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com . As far as I'm concerned, quitting the tobaccer is the final step.

My training is great motivation, but as you guys know I could use all the motivation I can get. Anyone got any?

Thanks! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Todd

7mag.

WKR
OK guys... I'm on my last can. Yes, I'm planning on drawing it out as long as I can. But I put a piece of tape on the lid and wrote LAST ONE. I've been chewing a good amount the past few years since highschool, about a can every day and a half. It's time. I know it will be hard, because I've tried before. But the past few months I've been doing my body a lot of favors by working out, cycling, and eating very well (you can read a bit about it on my blog bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com . As far as I'm concerned, quitting the tobaccer is the final step.

My training is great motivation, but as you guys know I could use all the motivation I can get. Anyone got any?

Thanks! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Todd

I am pretty stubborn, so how I quit was, I told my self that I wouldn't lose to a plant. I am stronger than the tobacco. Quitting chewing was just another difficult task to conquer in my life. It worked for me.

GrayGhost

FNG
Guys, I am 49 and started when I was 15 yrs old. So for 34 years I have been chewing and tried numerous times to quit over that span. I will say it is very,VERY addicting and very very difficult to stop. I hope I do one day before it stops me! I was once told by an old friend " You don't have to stop what you don't start" So to all you hunters do not even give it a try or thought if you have not chewed! I pack in 6 cans for every hunt. It is the most important thing I pack. Is that ridiculous or what!!

billy molls

Super Moderator
Congrats Ozz08! I chewed for 4 months, and when I woke up one morning, and chew was the first thing that came to my mind, I quit that day. My quitting wasn't anything like what you have done, but I have to imagine that quitting chewing is like anything in life: You have to believe that it will happen or it never will.

Good for you!

billy molls

Super Moderator
Congrats Ozz08! I chewed for 4 months, and when I woke up one morning, and chew was the first thing that came to my mind, I quit that day. My quitting wasn't anything like what you have done, but I have to imagine that quitting chewing is like anything in life: You have to believe that it will happen or it will never happen.

Good for you!

dotman

WKR
Guys, I am 49 and started when I was 15 yrs old. So for 34 years I have been chewing and tried numerous times to quit over that span. I will say it is very,VERY addicting and very very difficult to stop. I hope I do one day before it stops me! I was once told by an old friend " You don't have to stop what you don't start" So to all you hunters do not even give it a try or thought if you have not chewed! I pack in 6 cans for every hunt. It is the most important thing I pack. Is that ridiculous or what!!

I know exactly what you are saying! It is a habit I wish I never started, it has such a hold on me that I wouldn't take up my uncles offer of $5k to quit! I have never been on crack or heroin or anything like that but chew is part of my everyday life that I can't do without and I feel sorry for all the cravk addicts you see on tv but i'm just as bad with chew, sad thing is you usually do not know it till it is too late.

Last edited: