Tips for Whitetail Care

egreen4257

Lil-Rokslider
Went out with a group first rifle season for Elk saw nothing. Everyone else is calling it a year but I'd like to try my hand at whitetail to have something to show for the season and to get some more practice hunting. My only worries are that I've never dressed big game before and live in an apartment without much storage space or anywhere to hang. I have watched plenty of dressing videos and have a pocket guide but I'm trying to think of how I would take care of the meat. Right now I am thinking of using a butcher and just quartering and skinning the deer? Then I can bring the skinned quarters to the butcher to hang and cut up.

For the backstrap would I just be able to bring that home?

Also my cooler might not be big enough to hold all the meat, since I will only be a couple miles at most from my truck, if I am quick to dress and get it to the butcher asap will I have any issues with the meat spoiling? It will only be a few hours if during day, if I get one during the afternoon, its getting cold enough in Colorado now where I could probably leave the game bags in the back of my truck.

Thanks,
E