Tipi Build Complete

Hey everyone. This has been posted elsewhere but I remember promising to post pictures of this when it was done. Definitely my biggest undertaking in the sewing world. Total weight is 6 lbs 10 ounces and that includes the seams being sealed, stakes, center pole, guy lines, and stove jack.

I still need the stove which will weigh under 2 lbs.

All in all, it is a great tipi for 2-4 people. Height is 9.5 feet and it is about 11 feet wide at any given point

Questions welcome on this thread or via pm

Jon

WoodBow

WKR
I prefer to upload mine to tinypic.com and then copy and paste the img tag given. I hate clicking thumbnails to view pics.

wl704

FNG
First, congrats looks great. Though out of curiosity, why so tall?

My only question is price? I find it's usually costing me more diy in the end. I still like diy on some things though. Nice job.

OP
Jonathan_S
My only question is price? I find it's usually costing me more diy in the end. I still like diy on some things though. Nice job.

Definitely cost less in this case. Although I hear you on the DIY costing more sometimes.

Total for silnylon, stove jack, thread, nylon webbing, grommets, cordura, and seam sealer was right around $250.

Not sure if I am allowed to publicly post companies/websites but I am willing to PM if not.

OP
Jonathan_S
Would you ever be willing to sell it?

How about any internal pictures?

I've been meaning to take internal pictures but everyday after work it's been rainy and I don't feel like hanging it inside to dry it out :)

As far as selling this one - definitely not. If I were to make one for somebody else, I could do a much better job with my experience and knowledge after building a few more.

ChrisS

WKR
How tricky was sewing together the cone at the top and did you use anything for reinforcement? I'm thinking of doing something similar to a 'mid with a detachable panel. Hemming the edges and sewing two sides together doesn't like too much of a stretch for my very limited skills, but sewing the cone together seems like it could pose trouble.