Timney Triggers.

cmeier117

WKR
Anyone heard of Timney releases? I know they make good rifle triggers. But has anyone tried their releases? I know they have a newer one that resembles the carter like mike releases and an older clam type clasp system? I have one of each coming and I was curious if anyone else has seen them or used one? I thought they looked pretty nice and needed a new release to I figured what the heck!

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Just received both their triggers. A hook style and dual caliper style. I will be able to shoot them this weekend. They seem of very high quality!

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
c0808f71.jpg

21377297.jpg

c2d5fa75.jpg

J-Daddy

WKR
Yeah I do remember seeing them, I think it was at the ATA Show last year...Atleast I remember seeing the closed jaw version somewhere.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
How is the length of the release adjusted?

Under the black rubber sleeve there is a cable with balls attached and you can adjust the length by an inch I think. My son hid the packaging and so I will have to email them on doing this. BUt I am pretty sure that is how it is adjusted.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I have been shooting the hook style release for a few weeks now. I have to say I am never using the dual caliper releases again. The trigger is much nicer on these styles and I think it has to do with the trigger being right next to the hook. It is the best trigger I have used. Although I haven't used a carter trigger or any other $100 release for that matter.