Time For A New Chrono

JDixon

FNG
Using a ProChrono, time to upgrade. Looking at MagnetoSpeed and Labradar Doppler. I have read the MagnetoSpeed will change POI. Any opinions/experience with either?

I have both and both work well. The Magnetospeed is a little quicker to set up and get going but it will change point of impact and can also alter barrel harmonics somewhat during load development. I prefer my Labradar and use it almost exclusively now with no problems. If you can afford the Labradar it is well worth it.

Edited to add: I have shot various rifles through both chronos at the same time and they consistently give me readings within 5 fps of each other.

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Point of aim issues with one.
False, crazy readings with the other.

Still either one is better than anything else out there.

I lean towards the Magnetospeed.

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not aware if they make one. There’s a couple different aftermarket options that I’ve heard good things about though.

tdot

WKR
I personally have the Labradar. I played with both the labradar and the Magnetospeed at the range before buying. If I only did load development for 1 gun at a time, I would have likely gone with the Magnetospeed. But I regularly have 2 or 3 rifles with me at one time, and I'm regularly switching between them. As a result the Magentospeed setup on each rifle multiple times in a range day was a hassle.

With the Labradar, it takes 2 minutes to setup at the beginning of the range session. I record way more data then I would with the Magnetospeed, as it is being used, instead of being left in the case.