Tikkas on sale Odessa Academy

Big_wals

WKR
If anybody’s in west Texas, Academy in Odessa has a blued 308 and blued 6.5 creed on sale for $629. I believe there’s still a $75 rebate for tikkas right now too.

TX_Diver

WKR
Dang... I just moved back to W. TX. I haven't switched my drivers license yet though.

Dang. That used to be the regular price for those a few years ago. Now thats a good deal!

TX_Diver

WKR
Are the prices in store only? What cartridges still available?

Looking at online pickup for that store it shows $799 still? My TX drivers license should show up soon.

TMKSHOOTER

Lil-Rokslider
They just had blued 308 and 6.5 creed marked down from 779 to 629. I got the last creed they had. Not sure why it’s not showing online.

TX_Diver

WKR
Is that a TX thing? I’ve bought long guns in other states, just not pistols.
I don't know if it's a TX thing but my understanding is if your ID doesn't have your current address then a sale is a no-go? It could have changed but I know that was the case years ago at a bass pro in TX right after I'd moved.

I also forgot how great customer service is here. Odessa Academy would just answer then put me on hold without saying anything, Midland transferred me to the gun counter 4x with no luck.

So who knows what's still available. Don't really want to drive down speculatively.

CorbLand

WKR
I don't know if it's a TX thing but my understanding is if your ID doesn't have your current address then a sale is a no-go? It could have changed but I know that was the case years ago at a bass pro in TX right after I'd moved.

I also forgot how great customer service is here. Odessa Academy would just answer then put me on hold without saying anything, Midland transferred me to the gun counter 4x with no luck.

So who knows what's still available. Don't really want to drive down speculatively.
You should be able to purchase long guns out of state. The state your buying them in just has to follow the state you reside in laws. When I worked at a gun counter, we would look up the laws for your state and if they were the same as ours we would sell them. If it had anything different, nope, you were out of luck.

I think the issue you are going to run into is that generally your ID has to have your most current information (or you can provide legal documentation that provides your most current information) and where you now reside in TX, it wont be your most current address.

Could be wrong but that is the way we handled situation's.

TX_Diver

WKR
You should be able to purchase long guns out of state. The state your buying them in just has to follow the state you reside in laws. When I worked at a gun counter, we would look up the laws for your state and if they were the same as ours we would sell them. If it had anything different, nope, you were out of luck.

I think the issue you are going to run into is that generally your ID has to have your most current information (or you can provide legal documentation that provides your most current information) and where you now reside in TX, it wont be your most current address.

Could be wrong but that is the way we handled situation's.
The part with the ID needing the current info was exactly the problem.

My ID showed up though so now it's a matter of someone in West Texas actually answering the phone... 🤣

OP
Big_wals

Big_wals

WKR

Yeah customer service here is awesome….I’m in Odessa academy rn, all thats left on sale is a blued 308