WTT Tikka trade

Have a ( I believe the model is ) Cabela’s exclusive camo Vsx D-18 in 6.5cm. Looking to trade it for a Savage Ultralight or similar in 308 or 6.5prc. No scope bare rifle , 2 boxes ran through it. Send trade offers

Factory Cerakoted Tungsten
Factory bolt and barrel flute
Factory muzzle brake
Factory thread cap
Mtn gear ti bolt handle
Vertical grip
b2fb044e4eb4c0b4cf7760449c5e50bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I got to ask why anyone would trade a tikka for a savage??? They literally value there own action at $300.

I got to ask why anyone would trade a tikka for a savage??? They literally value there own action at $300.

This gun is not a gun i like packing with. Looking for something lighter. The Savage im looking for has a proof barrel , should be around equal value.You have a trade option ?

Have you shot a savage ultralight? I don't own a single one because tikkas are just hands down a better rifle. Also the savage isn't going to be much lighter if any at all. Good luck though.

Have you shot a savage ultralight? I don't own a single one because tikkas are just hands down a better rifle. Also the savage isn't going to be much lighter if any at all. Good luck though.

i have numerous Tikka’s. This is a heavier profile barrel , D-18 model. It is close to 10 pounds how it sits. My others are 7.5 to 8.

I’d rebarrel the Tikka or trade for a lighter profile. Trading it for a good barrel on a lousy action in an even worse stock to be in the same weight range as a base model Tikka makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you guys quit shitting all over this post? OP didn't ask for advice, this is the classifieds.

Appreciate it. I have enough Tikka’s have sold a few , traded a few and this one doesn’t fit my hunting style. Tikka is not the only option in good guns , despite the galleries opinion. I do not want to rebarrel a very nice shooting gun.

It's not a 6.5 or 308, but I have a winchester model 70 Featherweight in 270 winchester. It has a carbon stock from Mcmillan that was a factory option called a Winlite stock. If it's anything you might be interested in shoot me a PM.
Thanks, Matt

I have the cabelas Tikka in 243 and had the Savage UL in 6.5 PRC. They are both good guns, there is nothing wrong with getting rid of a gun if it doesn’t work for you.

I’m wondering where the weight on the D18 is coming from? They’re supposed to have the same contour barrel as roughtechs and sit around 6lb dry. Is the stock filled or something?

My D-18 stock weighs 29 oz, I think all in with empty mag and a Creedo on top my .243 weighs like 8.5 lbs. I'll re-weigh it.

Back