Tikka T3X Upgrades

Lots of mention of stuff here that would actually be detrimental to the OP

Cheek riser, no because you want less head influence on the gun not more
if the scope is too high a cheek riser would be a great solution. And it’s not as simple as he used the wrong rings.

Vertical grip, no because they carry like shit
I have one stock with the vertical grip, I haven’t noticed it carries any worse than any other rifle. But what I have noticed is it’s much more comfortable, and natural for myself to shoot.

Trigger springs, no if you can’t hunt or shoot well with 2-2.5 pounds you need practice not crutches
I would agree here, if you can get your trigger pull to that. Not all of them do. And I prefer lighter.
New stock, hardly if you’re not shooting extreme distances
I agree here. Nice stocks are nice upgrades but costly, and generally not needed.
New or different gun, FMD

Scopes, yes ditch the Vortex POS, 3-9 Burris on the cheap or NF 3-10 SHV
I would keep the vortex before I sold it for a Burris. I don’t the OP would notice any difference.

And that is just off the top of my head

Hunting isn’t hard or complicated unless you want it to be, the best hunters I know don’t know shit about gear, or care
Lots of the suggestions are all preference. You can take any stock rifle and kill animals across the globe. What separates them is their features.

OP
B

btb1983

FNG
For that application I’d probably look at nightforce shv 3-10 or on the affordable side a meopta 2-10.

Agree that chop/thread/suppressor would probably be my preferred first upgrade though.
Any clue where to find the Nightforce you recommended? I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t seem to find one.

I was in a similar situation but I had been using a bone stock Lite stainless 7-08 for almost 7 years. I had added the vertical grip a while back. But, recently:
-chopped to 19" and had 5/8" adapter made for it.
-added a Jolene S
-opened up the barrel channel (really easy...highly recommend doing it)

Next will be a FFP scope (probably RS1.2 but always looking to see what comes out next) in UM rings. Until then, it's gonna be the 3-9 VX2 in a DNZ mount that has performed great the last 7 years.

OP
B

btb1983

FNG
I was in a similar situation but I had been using a bone stock Lite stainless 7-08 for almost 7 years. I had added the vertical grip a while back. But, recently:
-chopped to 19" and had 5/8" adapter made for it.
-added a Jolene S
-opened up the barrel channel (really easy...highly recommend doing it)

Next will be a FFP scope (probably RS1.2 but always looking to see what comes out next) in UM rings. Until then, it's gonna be the 3-9 VX2 in a DNZ mount that has performed great the last 7 years.
How do you like the 7-08? That is what I wanted when I went to purchase a new rifle but no one around me had one. What type of hunting are you doing with it?

How do you like the 7-08? That is what I wanted when I went to purchase a new rifle but no one around me had one. What type of hunting are you doing with it?
I have been happy with it. I got it ~2017 just about when 6.5CM was taking off. I went back and forth between the 7-08 and 6.5. If I had to do it over again, I would go 6.5 CM because of the availability of ammo. I don't reload so my choices in factory ammo are limited (better than it was 12-18 mos ago, but no where near what is out there for the creedmoor).

I do western hunting inside of 400yds. I have taken deer, elk, and antelope with zero issues.