Tikka T3X rings

bpeay4

FNG
Just bought a new Tikka T3X and plan to run a Leupold VX3-HD 4-14.5 X 40mm on it.

Anyone running a similar setup what rings are you running and what height?

Considering the Leupold backcountry direct mount rings but they only come in High or Medium and I am afraid this might sit the scope too high. I would prefer the scope sit relatively low. I do not want to run a pic rail and do not plan on removing the optic once its on.

Tikka rifle and same scope, leupold 20moa rail and rings (I can’t remember the exact models). I don’t have it back from the gunsmith yet (trueing, fluting, barrel/caliber change) but picked them off his suggestion. I can let you know soon hopefully!

I have a similar sized Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 with medium 1" Sportsmatch rings that work fine. I bought these ones but you should be able to find them in the US too.

Talley extra lows if you want it as low as possible. I used them with a 40mm Trijicon Credo and 42mm SWFA 3-9. Plenty of room, nice and low.

If I wasn’t wanting rail & rings I’d use sportsmatch or the Mountain tactical one piece mount.

I’ve had 2 sets of Talley LW crack over the years, and a set loosen up on a hunt, requiring me to remove the scope, re-torque, re-mount & re-zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talley Lows , exact scope you mentioned
ba477c4d794899e64d07f68a4d7451e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ran a dnz and switched to a set of sportsmatch. Both are great. Solid and flawless. Only knock would be that you cat adjust ring placement on the scope.

PXL_20230321_203929859.jpgPXL_20230321_204137663.jpgended up going with the Leupold Backcountry in medium. I was skeptical about the medium height being too high but I am pleased with the result. My natural check weld gives me good sight picture with these rings and the VX3-HD.

Back