Tikka T3x KRG Bravo magazine recommendations

AK4570

FNG
I recently dropped a T3x 308 into a Bravo. I'm interested in hearing what AICS pattern magazines you all have had success with. I read through the Tikka/Bravo thread but was interested in seeing any updated experiences.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
John

Have used 4 different 5 and 10 Rd mdt polymer mags with my bravo (used both tikka.5cm and 223) and they all cycle fine. The metal mdt 6.5 mag was the only one that gave me issues.

I’ve used 5 round mdt and 10 round accurate mags. The accurate mags had a very stiff spring when I first got them so the rounds would feed but then the next round pushed up hard enough that the spent casing would get caught on it and not actually eject. Made for a frustrating match. Once it broke in I haven’t had any issues.

BKM

FNG
I got the MDT without binder for my creedmoor. It feeds great and lets me load long if I want to.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Accurate mags, metal MDT, and hybrid MDT work in mine. The plastic MDT works with a latch adjustment but lives in my XLR.

-J

The Guide

WKR
I bought 2 Bravo Chassis (a Tikka and a Ruger American) and bought 3 magazines from KRG on the order a 5 round 223, a 5 round 308, and a 6.5 PRC/300 WSM magazine. Haven't needed anything else yet. All feed great and are a pleasure to shoot.

Jay

SouthPaw

WKR
Accurate mags 5rd and 10rd for matches (2.95col). A bit of play/rattle and noisier when racking.

MDT 5rd poly for hunting (2.85col). Way quieter and a more snug fit.

OP
A

AK4570

FNG
Thanks, all. I just picked up a couple lightly used KRG/Accurate 10 rd, and will be driving right past Mile High next week... I'll probably swing in and grab a couple 5 rounders. Does anyone have experience with the AI brand magazines?

Thanks again,
John

Thanks, all. I just picked up a couple lightly used KRG/Accurate 10 rd, and will be driving right past Mile High next week... I'll probably swing in and grab a couple 5 rounders. Does anyone have experience with the AI brand magazines?

Thanks again,
John

AI brand work good. They come with binder plates installed though so they are shorter COAL limited than the non-binder plate options.

OP
A

AK4570

FNG
For those interested, I picked up a couple of AI 5 round magazines without binder plate. Part number in picture.
PXL_20240730_040742848.jpg
Both the AI mags (pictured) and the Accurate mags I bought used feed smoothly and well. Based on construction and the ever-arbitrary "feel" of them both, however; I would lean toward AI for any future mag purchases.

Thank you again to everyone that weighed in.

Best regards,
John

Last edited: