Tikka t3x comb or cheek piece add on?

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Any experience with the KalixTeknik? Curious about how much weight it adds to the rifle

It’s a quality piece. Had one in my Tikka before I swapped the stock. You’ll get a little of this weight back removing the foam insert from the t3x stock, but I don’t have it to weigh.
e50ca86026b42b87d079b36d7011fa12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
I have the Mathews on several tikkas, and a savage. They work great and add little weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToolMann

WKR
@JoeDirt I know this is an old thread but am embarking on this project. Did the velcro hold up well? I like that idea better than drilling the stock and have bolts hanging out.

BLJ

WKR
@JoeDirt I know this is an old thread but am embarking on this project. Did the velcro hold up well? I like that idea better than drilling the stock and have bolts hanging out.
Interested as well. Velcro would be great if it would hold up.

JoeDirt

WKR

Interested as well. Velcro would be great if it would hold up.

Its the heavy duty Velcro. You need a pry bar to remove it! The only issue is that it might be overkill :ROFLMAO:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-799198554562-RF6761-Extreme-Fasteners/dp/B00IGIUOWC

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/dual-lock-reclosable-fasteners-us/

I was in your boat I didn’t want to drill my stock or buy a new one or spend a lot of money I got the Beartooth cheekriser kit from midway for 20 bucks and love it no Velcro no drilling it’s cheap and it’s a fabric so it doesn’t get near as cold as the plastic stock I love it

TMCCOY

FNG
I ran the Matthews on my Tikka also. Light, sturdy, adjustable. Worked fantastic.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
I know that this is a somewhat older thread, but I`m particularly interested to know if anyone has specifically a Tikka T3X CTR, has retained the original stock, and added a strap on cheek riser. If so, what brand have you found to work well on the original stock? Thanks.