Tikka T3x bolt/safety question

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
With the safety on, my natural hand placement tends to open the bolt to the stop sometimes while maneuvering the rifle in a stand. If this goes unnoticed, the safety makes a clicking sound and is harder than normal to move to the off position. Should I just consider this a good reminder to close the bolt before shooting or is there an adjustment or modification that would improve this situation?

When I have the safety of my T3 on, the bolt cannot be moved, unless the safety is moved to the off position.

OP
O

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
When I have the safety of my T3 on, the bolt cannot be moved, unless the safety is moved to the off position.

Mine will raise slightly from the fully down position.

The top of the bolt arm goes slightly above the corner of the stock beside the receiver before it hits the stop.

RS3579

WKR
I had this problem also. I couldn’t move the safety to the fire position unless the bolt was fully closed. It would rise up/open only about 1/8” and that would prevent for moving to the fire position. It was too loose of a bolt close. I’m used to Brownings, the bolt close a tighter. I sold the tikka for this reason.

PNWGATOR

WKR
It’s annoying for sure.

Considering having my Tikka bolt handle shortened to eliminate the probability of this happening.