Tikka T3 Cheek Riser

grfox92

WKR
You could certainly scoot the riser back 1/4" or 1/2" and it would allow you to remove the bolt without taking the shroud off. It wouldn't affect cheek weld. You could also notch the riser. Honestly, mine is mounted where it is because I wasn't paying attention when I mounted it. I just decided to live with taking the shroud off instead of drill more holes in the stock.

Two spacers is plenty for me and I like a lot of comb height (I really smoosh my face down on the comb). This is a 42mm objective and you can see it's mounted pretty high; two spacers works fine there. I would think two spacers would be plenty for a 44mm or even 50mm objective depending on ring height. I think Victor sells extra spacers too if you needed them.

img_8039-jpg.513384
Did you re barrel that gun? I remember it being stainless in an older thread.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
Did you re barrel that gun? I remember it being stainless in an older thread.

This one started as a blued compact model in .308 Win. I had the action cerakoted and put this Proof barrel on (also .308 Win) because I was curious about the whole CF barrel thing.

I have three other stainless Tikkas (.223, 6CM, and 6.5CM), plus a Roughtech in 6.5CM that I had cerakoted.

grfox92

WKR
You put together some simple yet very nice rifles man. Good work.

Antares

WKR
Thanks, man. I appreciate that.

That .308 looks like this currently. It's had a red dot on it since spring bear (baited).

IMG_2731.jpg