Tikka Screwing the Pooch on Cerakote?

Just saw this video and thankful I went with the ember roughtech versus a cerakote version.

Pretty “un -Tikka” move here. Hopefully they fix their production processes.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
This is complete nonsense. I have three of these barreled actions that are factory cerakoted. I asked Mt Tactical what actual field use issues this causes with zero response so far.

All three of mine have thousands of rounds shot using Maven RS1.2s and SWFA scopes in UM Tikka rings. All 3 have been shot out past 1,000 yards many times with hits on 10”, 12” and 16” gongs. None of them have ever been re-zeroed.

Mine did have a little bit of cerakote in the plug holes. So I took at 1/6th” drill bit and 3 seconds and the UM threaded pins went right in with zero issues. I’ve had to do the same thing on those holes with regular stainless actions as well.

Tikkas response from Finland is spot on. This will not cause issues with anything other than maybe some screws not going in. It literally takes seconds to resolve the issue and happens on non cerakoted actions as well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
They're stainless barrels and actions anyway.
The fact that MT Tactical didn’t know this or chose to not divulge that information on purpose in the first video is equally as sad. It says it clearly in all the user documentation, MT Tactical is probably like my companies distributors. Don’t read the required material then spout nonsense to customers.

OP
swavescatter
The stainless question has been asked here many times. The documentation on it seems lacking?

But yeah definitely pot calling kettle black is something a lot of companies are doing these days…

Actually watched it now, I wouldn’t be thrilled about the top rail not being straight due to cerakote, valid critique imo.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Actually watched it now, I wouldn’t be thrilled about the top rail not being straight due to cerakote, valid critique imo.
Cerakote on the stainless in general is not ideal but it causes zero issues at all in what I’ve seen. I’m still waiting on a response back of how this causes “issues” other than some overspray in screw mounting holes? The idea that the cerakote is causing enough variation in the rail to cause field issues is just not existent in what I’ve seen so far. Again, 3 of these guns with thousands of rounds each and regularly shot past 1,000 yards. Zero “re-zeroes” zero “POI shifts from a known zero at 100 yards.”

Somebody please show me otherwise @Mountain Tactical Company

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
The stainless question has been asked here many times. The documentation on it seems lacking?

But yeah definitely pot calling kettle black is something a lot of companies are doing these days…

Stainless are stamped as such on the bottom of the action. I’d presume/hope MT knows that with all their experience with these guns. That he didn’t pull the action out of the stock to look blows my mind.