Tikka or Swaro Z6 went bad.

Bad Z6 or bad Tikka. Gun went haywire and is shooting 4" low. Then shooting 2" groups when it was shooting ragged holes.

My money is on bad scope.... we'll see.

OP
Short Track
Yes, nothing loosened up. That was actually the first thing I checked. Then cleaned it 100x. Wasted few boxes of ammo.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
What chambering is the rifle? How many rounds total on the Z6? Did you also check action screw torque and ensure it’s seated properly in the recoil lug? Nothing interfering with the barrel anywhere?

I'd be putting another scope on it if you already checked for loose action /ring screwws. Then you know if it's rifle or scope

crich

WKR
Sounds like it's low on muzzle fluid.

If thats not it sounds like you're on the right track. I'd swap another optic and go from there. Interested to see the results.

I had a very accurate 700 set up that went bat sht crazy a few years ago. I did all the torque checks with no improvement. Swapped scopes and mounts with no improvement. Cleaned it several times with my normal solvents and equipment no improvement. I was about to send it off to a smith.

Then someone asked me if I had cleaned the copper out and if not it could be copper fouled.

I half heartedly got a can of Montana extreme copper cleaner and followed the directions. That solved my issue. Back to shooting tight groups again.

I was sort of surprised as the rifle didn't have that many rounds thru it. There are about as many methods for cleaning a fouled barrel as there are barrels. But the Montana extreme seemed like the best option for me to try first.

Crazy how a rifle can just suddenly start throwing the same ammo all over the place.

Weldor

WKR
Bore scope it, that will tell if it is copper fouling, carbon ring etc. My bet it is the swaro.