Tikka hunter wood stock modification.

G37some

FNG
First post here. Im putting together a predator gun in 22gt. Its gonna based off a tikka action and have a 20 inch light palma barrel. I like the look of the factory wood hunter stock and wanted to see if anyone had ever opened up the barrel channel on one and how did it look. Id like to eventually get a mcmillan adjustable game scout but funds just wont allow it right now.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Those stocks aren’t a true wood or even wood laminate stock. They are a faux wood veneer that gets quite thin at the top in the forend. I’d have to look closer at one and see if there enough material there to modify.

OP
G

G37some

FNG
Well thats disappointing to find out. My only other option maybe a factory synthetic varmint stock.

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
Every one I've seen has been real wood. I know Remington has a synthetic model that has a wood grain wrap or dip or whatever but Tikka hunter stocks are real wood in every case I've come across.

OP
G

G37some

FNG
Every one I've seen has been real wood. I know Remington has a synthetic model that has a wood grain wrap or dip or whatever but Tikka hunter stocks are real wood in every case I've come across.
that what i thought as well. I wonder if the barrel channel could be opened enough to fit a light palma profile barrel.

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn't tell you that for certain but you could look up the barrel profile specs and check at those data points with your calipers. You would be able to calculate the amount of material left pretty easy but at that point I have no clue. If your left with .25"s of material or whatever you can maybe talk to someone with experience with wood working that might be able to give you some insight.