Tikka 300 WSM

I run MT Billit long action mags on a 300 WSM Tikka. Shoots Hornady Precision Hunter 200 grns so well that I never messed with anything else. It is 1:11, OEM throat. Feeding has always been slick as can be with this combo. I know the 1:11 is less than ideal, but in practice my so equiped 300 win and 300 wsm shot up to the 212's just fine at sea level.

I have a take off 300 wsm barrel that I'd send you for the cost of shipping. It came on a used rig that I bought for the action. Someone before me left barrel vise marks on it, but I did shoot it and it cuts tiny groups with blue box Federal 180's.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
I shot Berger 215's out of mine fine. Was pushing it at a good clip, 2800ish out of a 21" tube at 5000'.

We're hunting Oregon with a lot of shots at almost sea level and in the cold, and we need heavier bullets for the range. I'm looking at the 190gr ABLR's. Someone earlier said the Terminal Ascent's don't do well in the slow twist barrel. If we can put a few good, long range elk rounds into the 1:11 300WSM I'm interested. If we need to go with the 300winmag we can do that.

We're stuck with factory loads, we don't and won't reload at this time.

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
This thread might help: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/tikka-300-wsm-magazine-options-for-extra-coal.302427/

Mine shoots the 205 EHs at 2860 with 65.0 gr of 6.5 Staball into small groups. It also shoots 175 LRXs at 3125 with 6.5 Staball into even smaller groups.

The 205s loaded CBTO does require a longer magazine box. The 175s were ok in the factory mag.

I have a Gen1 HCA mag and only after much file and fit does it work like it should. The gen2s are supposed to be better. See link above. The MT mags seem like the way to go.

This thread might help: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/tikka-300-wsm-magazine-options-for-extra-coal.302427/

Mine shoots the 205 EHs at 2860 with 65.0 gr of 6.5 Staball into small groups. It also shoots 175 LRXs at 3125 with 6.5 Staball into even smaller groups.

The 205s loaded CBTO does require a longer magazine box. The 175s were ok in the factory mag.

I have a Gen1 HCA mag and only after much file and fit does it work like it should. The gen2s are supposed to be better. See link above. The MT mags seem like the way to go.
FWIW, I had better luck with the HCA mags for short mag based cartridges than I did with the MT mags. Also, I like the shoulder stops on the HCA mags.

Fir most cartridges I've gone back to just running OEM mags. They feed the best or equal, and I'm over the fact that they're plastic. Have had them out and dropped them in way below zero conditions and haven't had a problem. If anything, the metal mags will dent when dropped but the polymer doesn't.

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW, I had better luck with the HCA mags for short mag based cartridges than I did with the MT mags. Also, I like the shoulder stops on the HCA mags.

Fir most cartridges I've gone back to just running OEM mags. They feed the best or equal, and I'm over the fact that they're plastic. Have had them out and dropped them in way below zero conditions and haven't had a problem. If anything, the metal mags will dent when dropped but the polymer doesn't.
My HCA mag works great with 300 wsm after I filled the latch down and made the bottom plate considerably thinner so that it now will install with 3 rounds and the bolt closed. I also shimmed the front of the bottomed metal. In full transparency, the good dude at HCA told me this would be the case and I willingly and happily bought it.

The gen2s were said to be better and I think they are.

I’d love to run an OEM - they are great - but the 205s don’t fit.

My HCA mag works great with 300 wsm after I filled the latch down and made the bottom plate considerably thinner so that it now will install with 3 rounds and the bolt closed. I also shimmed the front of the bottomed metal. In full transparency, the good dude at HCA told me this would be the case and I willingly and happily bought it.

Run them in a long action OEM mag.

One thing I don't like on the HCA is the geometry of the feed ramp. The ramp on the MT has a nicer wedge design to get the front of the bullet up better. To be fair, I haven't had a feeding issue on the HCA, just one of those things..