Tikka 300 Win - Should I chop and suppress?

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! How is the recoil now? I got busy with a different rifle but am still thinking on this with my 300WM
It's not quite as effective as a good brake, but tames it way down. I'd compare it to a 308 without any sort of brake.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Grab a Gun has them in stock, or did a couple of days ago. Tikka LH TX3 lite, stainless 300 WM for $818.00. Got mine last week. Going to the smith next week to thread and cut to 20”. Hopefully the Nomad TI will get out of jail soon.
Still arguing with myself wether to cut to 20 or 18 inches.
What did you end up doing with the barrel? 18 or 20? Did you have to add a thread adapter? I'm looking to do the same thing for my ultra 7 but have received conflicting info on what length I can chop it down for threading 5/8x24 which from my understanding is what I'd need. This is definitely out of my expertise.

OP
MTMeatHunter
After much hemming and hawing, I sold a rifle and immediately went to Scheels and bought a Harvester Evo. I’m going to go 20” with 1/2x28 threads (GASP). Let the wait begin. Once I’m able to shoot it I’ll update with a range report. Very curious what happens with the precision of the factory load I’m shooting.

After much hemming and hawing, I sold a rifle and immediately went to Scheels and bought a Harvester Evo. I’m going to go 20” with 1/2x28 threads (GASP). Let the wait begin. Once I’m able to shoot it I’ll update with a range report. Very curious what happens with the precision of the factory load I’m shooting.
Good deal. Once I get my Ultra 7 out of jail, I'm taking my rifles to Thunderbeast to have them do the barrel work and refit the suppressor with a CB mount instead of the 5/8" direct thread that it is currently set up for. They sent me some amazingly fast tech support that I'll paste below for anyone in the same boat. I still don't know what length I'm going to chop down my .300wm and .308. I can do about any reasonable length and still get .565" diameter.

"One thing to be aware of for your lightweight profile barrels is that they may not have enough OD for a direct thread suppressor. Any bore larger than .224" will need at least 9/16x24 threads to safely mount your suppressor. Your barrels will need a minimum OD of at least .662" to thread them in 9/16x24 and mount your direct thread Ultra 7. If your barrels are smaller than .662", but at least .565", we can still thread them in 9/16x24, but you will need to use our brake mount system in order to safely and securely mount your suppressor. In that circumstance we would install one of our Face Mount CB Brakes that was engineered for lightweight profile barrels and indexes off of your muzzle rather than the barrel shoulder."