Tight Spot guys / 2 piece quiver options?

grfox92

WKR
I need a quiver for my Elite Energy *WITH a slider sight. I've been out of the archery craze since 2012ish when I bought my last Hoyt Spyder and have been hunting and killing with that bow as is since.

I have a gift card for my local shop and walked in to buy a Tight Spot. It seems these days that's pretty much the only option that anyone is using, especially Western guys like myself.

Upon inspecting the quiver (5 arrow) I realized that there is only one set of arrow grippers at the bottom and a literal dimple in the hood for your Broadhead to just, well..... rest in?

This seems insane to me. I just can't imagine your arrows not easily getting knocked out of the quiver and or making a ton of rattle and noise when you shoot your bow. But then again I guess everyone would not be using them if that was so, right?

Anyway I put it back on the shelf until I could do some further research. I have found reports online in reviews of the quiver being noisy, but plenty more reviews praising the quiver as the bees knees, end all be all of quivers.

I really wanted to get a 2 piece quiver since I don't intend on taking the quiver off the bow. However it seems that no one makes them anymore, except for Tight Spot for the tune of $200.

I'm shooting a slider and no other manufacturers of the quivers that look like the tight spot state on their websites if their quiver will work with a slider. This is a traditional style "Lever" slider like an HHA, not a dial.

Any input on the tight spot, or 2 piece quivers or any other low profile quiver options for shooting a slider would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to get a quiver on my bow and start shooting as the weather has been really nice.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
I put the 2 piece Tight spot on my Hoyt ventum last year. Love it. Can adjust it way back and tight to the bow with both spot hog fast Eddie dovetail dial slider, and MBG MT light slider or whatever it's called. Hood works well. I think the dimples you see are just where you out the broadhead and slice your own custom fit hood. Very quiet and strong on my bow so far.

sndmn11

WKR

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR

Seems like you had all the answers. Thanks man.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
I just bought the tight spot rise and love it. It comes with the secondary arrow gripper and holds them rock solid without even touching the broad head insert. I was using a quivalizer back when I shot an hha slider. I remember being annoyed it didn’t work with most quivers.

TheTone

WKR
Elite used to make a 2 piece quiver, definitely made them when the energy series was new. Might be able to find one still. That said I don’t know how well they work with that style of slider

nphunter

WKR
I've been shooting a tight spot since they came out in like 2011, I now have a newer one and my son has my old one. I've gone from regular size arrows to 4mm to 5mm with the same quiver and have never had an arrow fall out. I've literally drug that quivers hundreds of miles through the brush, a buddy used to always lose arrows out of his two-piece quiver when hunting with me.
If the quiver is noisy at all the elk and deer I've killed with it don't seem to mind, I sometimes feel like it's noisier than I would like but everyone comments on how quiet my bow is, I've shot several elk while under 15 yards and the noise never bothered them, a couple just stood there and slowly walked off after being shot. I would rather deal with some unsubstantial noise than deal with trying to get an arrow out of a double gripper, you can adjust the tension on the arrows for each arrow individually with a small allen if you feel like they need to be tighter.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Apex Gear Reactor XL on a Halon 32. Has 2 sets of arrow grippers, have it mounted on a tree limb riser mount and it fits close like a tight spot with lots of adjustment, works fine with my fast Eddie xl single pin slider, and was like half the price of a tight spot. 3 seasons into it and no issues. Worth looking at.

I have the 2 piece tight spot and love it, although the gripper closest to my drawing hand, the first in line, tends to not hold an arrow firmly. Lost one arrow last year in timber hiking around. It is nice to grab that first arrow quietly in the deer stand though. That being said I’d still recommend the quiver.

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a tightspot 5 arrow and it rocks. I'm going to get the secondary gripper, but the single one still holds the arrows PRETTY well. I watched one arrow get ripped out once while in Idaho, but I was ripping my way through heavy brush. I think the only thing that would've held the arrow better is a C clamp. Occasionally I had arrows slide down ¼", that's the only time the quiver gets noisy.

Rust.E

FNG
i messed around with both single and two piece quivers before finding out about tightspot. the tightspot was the only one that had adjustable arrow grips that would not let the arrow slip out. it has alot of adjustment and is pretty lightweight. my holt hoyt two piece quiver ended up super heavy with all the hardware (2X the hardware)

my buddy uses his tightspot upside down to have all the weight on the bottom of the bow for better balance. i have mine upright and tilted back towards the string to help me balance out at full draw