Thunderbeast suppressor mounts

JjamesIII

WKR
I’m still waiting for the atf to actually do their jobs and approve my stamp- after 11 months🙄. So glad they went to e files. Well anyway, I went with a direct thread dominus can. This mounts with their integral muzzle break off the threaded shoulder of the break. Do any of you guys just “carbon lock” the two, keeping the break and suppressor together at all times?

I have absolutely no interest in firing with a bare muzzle break on any of my rifles, I don’t see the need to spend over $100 for individual muzzle adapters for each rifle. I think keeping the break inside the can is supposed to mitigate some of the stress on the suppressor? Am I missing anything in regards to the negative consequences of carbon locking the break in the suppressor?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I see no pro to leaving them locked together. Only cons.

I like skinnier steel barrels. That leads to lack of shoulder to tighten direct thread mounts. That leads to cans walking off easier.

Because of this, I much prefer to have the brake extremely tight to the barrel (maybe even red loctited), and the can removeable from the brake.

This way I can take the can off reletively easily, yet not risk walk-off.

Geewhiz

WKR
Also, it would semi permanently add several inches to the end of your barrel that you couldn't easily remove when throwing it in your pickup or in a rifle case which would be annoying to me.

Do you have a 5/8 thread with shoulder on your barrel.
If so isn’t the point of direct thread to thread it on and take off in one unit.Put a thread protector on when not in use?

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
You could take a look at area 419 adapters or supressor mounts might work for you.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
TBAC just rock sets the muzzle brake thing into the cans when you buy a DT model. I’d imagine the rock set keeps carbon out of the threads.

crich

WKR
I’m still waiting for the atf to actually do their jobs and approve my stamp- after 11 months🙄. So glad they went to e files. Well anyway, I went with a direct thread dominus can. This mounts with their integral muzzle break off the threaded shoulder of the break. Do any of you guys just “carbon lock” the two, keeping the break and suppressor together at all times?

I have absolutely no interest in firing with a bare muzzle break on any of my rifles, I don’t see the need to spend over $100 for individual muzzle adapters for each rifle. I think keeping the break inside the can is supposed to mitigate some of the stress on the suppressor? Am I missing anything in regards to the negative consequences of carbon locking the break in the suppressor?
Unless Im mistaken what you're describing is the CB model. Its faster and easier to remove the can from the brake the threads are coarser and it indexes nicely.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
Do you have a 5/8 thread with shoulder on your barrel.
If so isn’t the point of direct thread to thread it on and take off in one unit.Put a thread protector on when not in use?
Yes, the are all 5/8x24 threads. I’m going to rock set that muzzle break adapter in the can like others have done and roll with that, in lieu of buying a thunderbeast break for each host rifle they will keep a thread protector on.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
Unless Im mistaken what you're describing is the CB model. Its faster and easier to remove the can from the brake the threads are coarser and it indexes nicely.
Yes, the cb mount. I will just deal with the finer threads of the 5/8x24 on my barrels. It won’t be as quick, but I’m cheap and also don’t like the idea of shooting anything with the cb break blowing back at me when I don’t have the can mounted

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm currently going through this myself. I can't decide on DT or CB mount and versatility. I hate proprietary parts that aren't universal. That make me think I want the DT Ultra 9. This ultra 9 will be mainly used on 6.5-.30 cal hunting rifles. If I want a .223 can or .22 can I will just order one made for that application. Am I wrong in wanting DT over CB mount?

WCOPP

FNG
The biggest problem with direct threads are that all of the rifles have to be threaded 5/8's or whatever thread you choose. So for sporter weight rifles that have 1/2 or 9/16 threads will be a no go, and .223 caliber AR's will most likely be a no go. It just really limits your uses of that suppressor. The CB mount is really a great mount and adds versatility to able to run it on several differently threaded rifles.

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
TBAC also makes a flash hider as a CB mount. They will run a bit heavier than the non-timed brake.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
Use the non-timed compact brake, it's shorter and lighter and doesn't need to be timed or have peel washers to line it up. I've switched to that one on all mine.
no thanks to a break- I hate them for hunting. Regardless, non timed break is still an expensive mount option when you have multiple guns. That’s also where I’m at with the flash hider route. At least that thing won’t throw sound and concussion back to the shooter, but an expensive muzzle adapter.
Im either going to rock set their break in the can, or do a 419 hellfire mount. But I’m a little leery of losing any degree of accuracy. That’s why I went with thunderbeast as a precision can.

WCOPP

FNG

CONVERT CB to DT - $120/$25​

Convert CB to DT $120, or $25 if you have a "New in Box" (unused, never mounted) CB brake or FH to trade in

Please use the TBAC RMA form to initiate sending suppressor in.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The biggest problem with direct threads are that all of the rifles have to be threaded 5/8's or whatever thread you choose. So for sporter weight rifles that have 1/2 or 9/16 threads will be a no go, and .223 caliber AR's will most likely be a no go. It just really limits your uses of that suppressor. The CB mount is really a great mount and adds versatility to able to run it on several differently threaded rifles.
Get them done like that. Then you can just direct thread everything 5/8x24

Attachments

• IMG_4850.jpeg
    IMG_4850.jpeg
    663.9 KB · Views: 12