Thumb Release or Trigger Release Poll

What Type of Release do you use hunting?

• Thumb Release

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • Trigger Release

Votes: 26 39.4%

• Total voters

IdahoSwede

Lil-Rokslider
Just a poll. My buddy and i were having a conversation and debating how popular they are. Which style do you use while hunting?

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
Have used trigger style releases in the past. But just switched to a handheld because I like the idea of clipping it on my d loop and letting it sit. Instead of having it on my wrist. I only hunt whitetails so that's why I can just clip it on and leave it. If I were to go elk hunting out west. I might go back to a wrist so I dont lose it.

RC_

FNG
Guessing you’re looking for handheld vs wrist strap but with a few different variants of handheld release that might make for a more telling poll.

I mainly use hinges. The last animal I killed was with a resistance release. Last time I killed an animal with a thumb button was back in March. Last time I killed an animal with a wrist strap index release was Feb 2019.

sambo3006

FNG
I have hunted with and killed deer with both styles. I like a thumb style release that can be kept clipped to the string while in a tree stand, but I lost two of them while hunting so I went back to a wrist strap trigger release. Haven't lost one of them yet...

Ho5tile1

WKR
Thumb button or hinge and when I start punching I use the resistance handheld to get back in the groove..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archp625

WKR
Started shooting a thumb release last December. Hated it at first. Now I’m proficient. We shall see how I like it in the whitetail woods in a couple months.

wyosam

WKR
I haven’t tried handhelds other than a thumb release, but for me wrist straps were pretty much a no go. Hated them, and I tried several because people kept telling me they were the way to go. Haven’t bow hunted yet, but I suppose keeping a backup in my pack would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
I have both but find myself wearing the wrist strap trigger release in the woods for how much easier it makes it.