Thread: Kuiu Super Down Jacket vs Kifaru Lost Parka

sak102174

FNG
I've been wanting a light pack-able jacket. Kuiu has their Super Down jacket (last year model) on clearance for $179 (no hood). Kifaru has their Lost Parka @ $265 (hooded) both seem comparable in warmth. I like the 500d cordura on the elbows and center pass through pocket of the Kifaru plus the zip off hood. Is it worth the $90 upgrade.

Does anyone have experience with either? Which would you go with?

Thanks

The KUIU will be lighter and more packable than the Kifaru, but the kifaru will certainly be more durrable, they are built like tanks. as for warmth, Im not sure on that one but remember the Kifaru is synthetic so depending on the conditions you plan to use it in, one will likely be better than the other.

It rains all the time where I live so I dont really do down, Ive switched to synthetic for all my puffy gear.

I only have experience with the Kuiu SD, 2 hooded and 1 pullover. They are not super durable bushwhacking jackets by any means, but they are ultra light wt. and very warm for moderately cold weather, like say down into the low teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would toss the Sitka kelvin lite into the ring too. I just got one from Cabelas on sale at $180. I'm very impressed with the weight and warmth, at least in my kitchen.

Back