Thousands of acres of crop land getting turned into solar farms across the Midwest

OP
B
IOW code for, I just want to use this subject to bash libs.

I mean, let's just call this thread what it really is.
So are they responsible for destroying habitat in the name of the environment or not?

I get pissed at Republicans when they try to sell public land, why shouldn’t I get pissed at Democrats when they subsidize “green” energy that destroys habitat?

OP
B
@Newtosavage believe it or not I am just as critical of shitty Republicans who want to sell public lands, privatize wildlife, or do any manner of horrible ideas like getting rid of the excise tax on firearms and ammo.

Just because you vote for someone doesn’t mean you have to defend the stuff they do when it’s obviously a terrible idea.

So are they responsible for destroying habitat in the name of the environment or not?

I get pissed at Republicans when they try to sell public land, why shouldn’t I get pissed at Democrats when they subsidize “green” energy that destroys habitat?
do you really think all the companies installing those solar farms are owned by dems?

Hey, I wish there was a better way than solar farms, but given the choice, I'd take a solar farm over an leaky oil field where the producer walked away and left the taxpayers to clean up their mess.

OP
B
do you really think all the companies installing those solar farms are owned by dems?

Hey, I wish there was a better way than solar farms, but given the choice, I'd take a solar farm over an leaky oil field where the producer walked away and left the taxpayers to clean up their mess.
Nope, I think they are owned by capitalists trying to make as much money as they can. I really don’t blame them.

I do know they are subsidized by the government and that subsidy was pushed for by left wing environmental groups. I do blame them for completely ignoring the issue of habitat when it’s convenient.

As for leaky oil fields, that’s the result of government regulators not holding companies feet to the fire. If our government isn’t properly regulating the industry, then we need to hold the politicians feet to the fire.

I don’t want leaky oil fields OR subsidized solar farms destroying habitat. Novel concept I know.

inyago

FNG
New zealand is on this path to, thousand of good land going under solar panels. They want the flattest land with
the least shadowing. ie, your best land for their solar farms which have a life span around 20/25 yrs and the panels are mainly made in China. The co2 footprint of these things outways any benefits. It is just another
corrupt government scam, similar to the endless wars scam. Just keep working and paying your taxes, they
know best on how to spend Your money.

Nope, I think they are owned by capitalists trying to make as much money as they can. I really don’t blame them.

I do know they are subsidized by the government and that subsidy was pushed for by left wing environmental groups. I do blame them for completely ignoring the issue of habitat when it’s convenient.

As for leaky oil fields, that’s the result of government regulators not holding companies feet to the fire. If our government isn’t properly regulating the industry, then we need to hold the politicians feet to the fire.

I don’t want leaky oil fields OR subsidized solar farms destroying habitat. Novel concept I know.
You think left wing environmental groups worked out the details on all those subsidies just so capitalists can make as much money as they could?

And you think leaky oil fields are the fault of government regulators and not the producers who don't give af about anyone but themselves?

Interesting ideas you have there about who is to blame for either. Quite telling

OP
B
You think left wing environmental groups worked out the details on all those subsidies just so capitalists can make as much money as they could?

And you think leaky oil fields are the fault of government regulators and not the producers who don't give af about anyone but themselves?

Interesting ideas you have there about who is to blame for either. Quite telling
You think it’s right wing groups pushing for solar subsidies?

The fact you can’t fathom or acknowledge that both sides are more often than not, really shitty is quite telling as well.

And yes, companies are always going to cut corners that risk both safety and environmental impact. That’s not a blame shift, but an acknowledgment that there is a need for regulation. You are starting to sound like a right winger assuming oil companies are just going to police themselves…

Last edited:
You should blame the landowners
I’ll never a blame someone for taking a more steady net income that's 15x -20x higher then what they can get playing russian roulette with mother nature.

but I can call a spade a spade. It currently has a substantially higher and more intrusive footprint then Natural Gas

and yet there are federal tax breaks for oil companies who have polluted more acres of wildlife habitat than solar farms, by a vast margin. But we're not allowed to hold the fossil fuel industry responsible for that. Not here anyway.

You see, if it was really about the habitat, there are bigger fish to fry than solar.
ya i was just looking at a few oil derricks, they had deer and javi’s etc all around them. 10k acre solar farm…not so much. maybe a rabbit.

Energy out put compared to footprints does not support solar

You think it’s right wing groups pushing for solar subsidies?

The fact you can’t fathom or acknowledge that both sides are more often than not, really shitty is quite telling as well.

And yes, companies are always going to cut corners that risk both safety and environmental impact. That’s not a blame shift, but an acknowledgment that there is a need for regulation. You are starting to sound like a right winger assuming oil companies are just going to police themselves…
You have no idea what I can fathom.

But I know NIMBY when I see it.

You have all the conservative talking points down pat alright
of i didnt know this was about politics, i thought it was about how environmentally friendly solar was….or wasnt

my bad apparently this is about your political politics not actual facts

OP
B
You have no idea what I can fathom.

But I know NIMBY when I see it.
And I know what a partisan that has too much hubris to admit that “their” side might not be right on everything looks like as well.

The fact you, as a supposed hunter and conservationist, can’t view bulldozing and developing thousands of acres of crop fields that support healthy and sustainable populations of deer, turkey, migratory birds, and countless other species with just a tinsey bit of healthy skepticism says who the real partisan is.

You’ve been lied to, and it’s ok to come to that realization.

Last edited: