Thoughts on Primary Arms GLX 3-18?

NWSh00ter

FNG
Classified Approved
FNG here. What are your thoughts on this scope as a longer range hunting optic? Not as light as the Trijicon (29oz) but also half the price. I have the PLX and GLX scopes on other rifles and have been happy with them, and I like the idea of having consistency in the reticle designs across most of my scopes. Am I over thinking this?

Darryle

WKR
The GLx is made in the Philippines, I have one that I have been meaning to mount. I bought it on closeout/demo or something like that for dirt cheap. It has a standard Duplex which shocked me because of how their reticles are usually designed. Turrets zero easily with a hexkey, glass is clear and bright. I may get around to mounting it in the near future to test out. I have several of their etched reticle prism 1x sights and they are fantastic, not happy about the COO, but they flat work and the reticles are great.

IMG_3856.jpeg

Byrdman

FNG
I really like my primary arms 3-18 for my hunting rifle. I only have the Slx 3-18x50 though. If I ever upgraded I wouldn’t hesitate buying a glx version. I really like their reticle. Customer service has been great so far to. They replaced it once for me due to a little speck in the glass.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Glass isn't representative of their higher than average price. IMHO below average for their price point class peers. Buy them only when you find them on sale for at least 40% off from places such as DVOR or Optics Planet (YIKES!!!).

FFP reticle is extremely difficult to see on lower magnification settings.

I had high hopes but was disappointed their glass just isn't great. Sad when even the Chinese Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 is noticeably sharper and clearer.

I don't really like Chinese made Vortex scopes but the Strike Eagle 34mm FFP was actually better so I ended buying two total after comparing the first one side by side with the PA GLX. Also bought a Burris Signature XTR3i which is also superior to the GLX.

If you aren't already used to looking through better glass then you might even think they're great.

Most recent scope pruchases were Maven brand scopes first time buying Maven brand so as an actual Maven Virgin, boy they're incredibly clear like my Nightforce and super easy to pick up their FFP reticles on their lowest magnification settings unlike my Nightforce.