thoughts on Newfoundland moose hunting rainwear {September}

I'm thinking of buying a more heavy duty rain pant, First Lite Omen, but packable jacket like their Vapor Stormlight jacket. Any thoughts from experienced hunters?

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
I would go grundens or helly Hansen impertec. I wouldn't think you'll be all that active if it's raining hard so you just need something to keep you dry and the rubber/pvc rainsuits are the best at that.

OP
GeorgeShaw
I would go grundens or helly Hansen impertec. I wouldn't think you'll be all that active if it's raining hard so you just need something to keep you dry and the rubber/pvc rainsuits are the best at that.
The outfitter said we'd be walking 1-2mi average, no more than 3-4mi at most. I want something breathable like the FL sets because when I say I sweat easily, I mean I really sweat. I'd be unbearable to be around, lol. They said expect a marshy so I figured full time pants, but a lighter jacket I could take off when not needed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The outfitter said we'd be walking 1-2mi average, no more than 3-4mi at most. I want something breathable like the FL sets because when I say I sweat easily, I mean I really sweat. I'd be unbearable to be around, lol. They said expect a marshy so I figured full time pants, but a lighter jacket I could take off when not needed.
If you’re at on breathable rainwear for this hunt then buy which ever set appeals the most to you. None of them seem significantly better than others in my experience.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
I’d second the rubber/pvc for the bottoms but something lighter up top. There is stuff pulling on your legs and trying to trip you with every step. I shredded the cuffs of some lighter weight bottoms one year. One thing I did like, was some nice waterproof snake boots. Everyone else was wearing rubber boots and almost everyone, even the guides, had at least one boot pulled off in a bog when their foot sunk in. Snake boots stayed on, made for better walking, and kept me dry up to my knees.

Cmb213

FNG
I use the FL Seak (what they had before the Omen came out) rain gear in Newfoundland. I like it. Throw it in a backpack and forget about it until it's needed. Bonus of the harder shell style rain gear is it blocks wind very well, came in handy one year when it was 30⁰ and windy in September. Where I've hunted in Newfoundland it's very thick brush, I've been more comfortable having a heavier style rain gear for durability.

OP
GeorgeShaw
I went ahead and ordered the full set to see how if I liked it. It feels durable enough to wear the pants over maybe just insulated under pants. I will probably put the coat in my backpack, and wear my Kuiu jacket which isn't rain proof, but will repel light moisture. If it is full on rain, I'll put on the coat. It will just be one more tool in my hunting gear toolbox back here in Ohio for whitetail. I appreciate the feedback.