Thoughts on Building the Ultimate Hunting Rifle

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
If you built (what you would consider to be) the ultimate hunting rifle, what components would you choose and why?

Bugger

FNG
300 Weatherby with a wood stock topped with a classic Leupold 3-9 duplex.

If you built (what you would consider to be) the ultimate hunting rifle, what components would you choose and why?

If you built (what you would consider to be) the ultimate hunting rifle scope, what components features would you choose and why?

There, fixed it for you.

There's actually a discussion going on about that here, with 83.6% of respondents voting that it doesn't yet exist.

Please, make it exist, Tract.

goodlife

FNG
Manners makes a carbon fiber tactical/competition stock that is under 2 lbs. Maybe I am just old fashioned but I really appreciate hunting ergos for walking around brambles and shooting offhand on guns with recoil.

SDHNTR

WKR
If you built (what you would consider to be) the ultimate hunting rifle scope, what components features would you choose and why?

There, fixed it for you.

There's actually a discussion going on about that here, with 83.6% of respondents voting that it doesn't yet exist.

Please, make it exist, Tract.
This begs a question I’ve never understood… the bespoke rifle industry is thriving. You can easily build what perfect means to you. Why is this same concept not available in a scope? I realize we aren’t there now, but is anyone working towards this model?