This is why we cant have nice things

Michael54

WKR
Thanks for that, I almost forgot about the Airbnb we rented in AZ once that had 3 or 4 taxidermied cats in it until this post. And they were terribly done😂 Freakin psychopaths.
He's done cats, canaries, parrots....its amazing what old rich people are willing to do to keep their pets around lol

You just randomly kill other people's pets? Wtf.
No, I don't randomly kill people's pets. But primarily where I hunt if there is a cat roaming away from a house it's a feral cat and need killed. 0 complaints from land owners as most of the time they are feral toms that roam from farmstead to farmstead breeding other cats. I wouldn't shoot one with a collar. But if a cat is off of the farmstead by very much it's not a good cat to have around it's preying on birds and wildlife and not doing its job off mousing in the barn.

Most farm cats are not much for pets anyway, and most people always wish that had a few less around because toms roam around and breed females making a population problem.

Rokbar

WKR
I would have thought if a dog was running loose where wolves roam that it wouldn't last long. Easy meal for a pack of wolves. Hunting in northern Wisconsin, you loose a dog, better hope you find it soon?????

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Thanks for that, I almost forgot about the Airbnb we rented in AZ once that had 3 or 4 taxidermied cats in it until this post. And they were terribly done😂 Freakin psychopaths.

SMH

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The freeze dried pet gallery is a little effin creepy.

Think about this.
There is enough of a market for someone to be making glass eyes.......glass eyes of a bunch of different colors.....one of those siamese had blue eyes.....

This still isn’t as bad as the meateater guy shooting an elk square in the hindquarter and then intentionally not putting out of its misery on the follow up shot in the bed because “he wanted to see how his arrow would perform.”
Wow… do you have a link to that?

Imagine walking up to somebodies cat, saying "nice kitty", petting it, and finding it cold and motionless.

S.Clancy

WKR
Funny story. I have a buddy who was approached to mount some ladies cat. He told her no until she offerred him $3,000 to do it. Since that cat he has done quite a few "pets" at an amount way higher than anything a hunter brings in.
Are we talking a full blown "Rowdy", like from Scrubs?

I have a feeling there's a market for making them feel warm (yet lifeless) so these creepers can keep stroking their kitties long after they're gone. Welp, off to research how to get a patent.
Add a subdermal button to make it purr on contact and you've invented the best dang cat on the planet. You could market them to pet stores. Create the impossible burger of pet cats.

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with most of what you stated, however-what would "handling this in house" look like? What do you suggest?
Also, the media already has ran with this story, its all over the internet.
To me, it means we would stop consuming media from dumbasses who shoot an animal in a less than ideal spot "just to see what my broadhead would do", that we promote people/hunters who follow fair chase principles, and we ostracize morons like this lady.

Assume that 100% of her story is honest and true- she is still a moron for then deciding that it was a good idea to post about smashing a "wolf pup" on social media. If these people stopped getting our attention, they would stop being rewarded with $. If the money dries up, watch how quickly people lose interest in boasting to the world about unethical hunting. Will any of this happen? Nope. MeatEater continues to be one of, if not the, largest hunting content producers out there despite a quite checkered past, sometimes inclusive of bashing hunters themselves. Because we as hunters are willing to swallow a good bit of dog poop in order to continue to see the content that we do like or find valuable, they will continue to make money off of us.