Think I just got played. Can you delete a thread?

fwafwow

WKR
If you enjoy this community do your part and sign up for two step verification login.

It'll keep someone from stealing your Rokslide identity and then ripping off other members.

You’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Is there a way to denote that a member has enabled 2FA? It could help us in vetting for the classifieds.

“WKR + 2FA”?

Reactions: Duh

TSAMP

WKR
Wait, @svivian vouched for the scammer? Wasn't he also one of the guys who "vetted" this kid who got the forum to buy him nl pures and then vanished? Tried finding that thread to verify myself but the title of it is eluding my memory.
You talkin OH13? I think he's just been lurking in the shadows. Rumor has it he is just waiting for the right member to pay it forward with..maybe this will be it.

You talkin OH13? I think he's just been lurking in the shadows. Rumor has it he is just waiting for the right member to pay it forward with..maybe this will be it.
pretty sure he doesn't even have an account anymore. IMO, the WKRs who "vetted" him have some explaining to do.

feanor

WKR
Is the app verification for 2FA a solid option? The top option seems out of my wheelhouse.

There was a WTS add a few days ago for SFL 10x40s for a great price. I posted they wouldn’t last long on the thread, let another member know about the ad, and then poof, it was gone.

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
Question, how do you turn on 2fa? I can't find it in my settings? (Sorry, I might be young but not tech save. 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: Duh

Scottyboy

WKR
pretty sure he doesn't even have an account anymore. IMO, the WKRs who "vetted" him have some explaining to do.
I asked that exact question, to the now mod/admin, when that thread was going on and was basically given a FU and then he “donated” to the scammer in my honor…or something like. Basically, you won’t get an answer.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question, how do you turn on 2fa? I can't find it in my settings? (Sorry, I might be young but not tech save. )
You go to your account portal
1a06bbf22e30d3e52aa56a734e245b6f.jpg

Choose password and security

e2e13ddd28ebaf2b3e51e1ca334939bf.jpg

Click change button and select two step verification

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
Question, how do you turn on 2fa? I can't find it in my settings? (Sorry, I might be young but not tech save. 😂)
Me too. Gotta be the dumbest millennial when it comes to electronics.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was a WTS add a few days ago for SFL 10x40s for a great price. I posted they wouldn’t last long on the thread, let another member know about the ad, and then poof, it was gone.
Not sure if that was me but I delete ads when it’s from a scammer.

fwafwow

WKR
Is the app verification for 2FA a solid option? The top option seems out of my wheelhouse.
It’s solid, and IMHO the 3 options are presented in the right order. The key is the safest, but it can be a PITA because it’s the most secure. Email is the easiest, but it is only secure as your email (which can vary). The app is a good compromise.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I use the app.

In general it allows you to say don’t ask for 30 days and then don’t ask again. So someone would have to have your device to get into your account.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to know that this is done by our moderators when it’s a known scammer!
Members can’t delete their ads, only mark them as sold. So if they disappear, it was done by staff. Years ago members could do that, but that hasn’t been the case for about five years or so.

jlong17

FNG
Scammers have been on their best game lately around here. FlyGuys hacked account got $1100 from a buddy and would have got me if I hadn't bought what he was offering me literally 5 minutes before he messaged, I almost bought the release in this thread but was to late, then got a message earlier today with a guy wanting me to text him then he locked the convo so I couldn't reply. They all know what they are talking about also when having a conversation. Almost makes you leary of the classifieds anymore.
Flyguys dang near robbed me $900 for a scope. I’m new around here and was hesitant to send a stranger money. Thanks @feanor for the tips. That was a close one.
For others, this guys was using this email address/contact info

Attachments

• IMG_6744.png
    IMG_6744.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 20