Think I just got played. Can you delete a thread?

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
Wait, @svivian vouched for the scammer? Wasn't he also one of the guys who "vetted" this kid who got the forum to buy him nl pures and then vanished? Tried finding that thread to verify myself but the title of it is eluding my memory.
No he didn’t vouch for anyone. I was being a smart ass in the original thread and tried to buy it before him.

It was like a really shiny lure that I just couldn’t resist haha.

Definitely too good to be true but sometimes you just gotta swing for the fences lol.

TaperPin

WKR
I never thought about it before, but scammers are a lot like hunters - put up a decoy, giggle it a little so it looks real, use a few words - Bang Bang! I bet they get the same rush we do after putting the kabosh on a critter.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the change long, this is another example of why you don’t use the same password across multiple sites!!! The guy was legit but someone changed the email/password a couple days ago posted a couple adds and then ghosted with the money.

Moral of the story, use 2FA and different passwords for every site you use!!

Edit: you can take it a step further and use a different email with a custom domain… like me. I got an email to the email I use at Ace hardware from a bank telling me to follow a link as my account had been compromised. I don’t have a bank account there so that was a no go. I went and looked and sure enough Ace had been hacked this year.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I didn’t vouch for the guy but I certainly didn’t raise any red flags like it should have. I was first to post in the thread
Ignore the trolls. You didn’t do anything wrong. I was busting your stones in fun. I wouldn’t have said anything if I thought it would bring out the trolls.

Reactions: Duh
OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
I never thought about it before, but scammers are a lot like hunters - put up a decoy, giggle it a little so it looks real, use a few words - Bang Bang! I bet they get the same rush we do after putting the kabosh on a critter.
They probably go back to their friends and talk about their scam of a life time “SCOAL” too.

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
Looking at the change long, this is another example of why you don’t use the same password across multiple sites!!! The guy was legit but someone changed the email/password a couple days ago posted a couple adds and then ghosted with the money.

Moral of the story, use 2FA and different passwords for every site you use!!

Edit: you can take it a step further and use a different email with a custom domain… like me. I got an email to the email I use at Ace hardware from a bank telling me to follow a link as my account had been compromised. I don’t have a bank account there so that was a no go. I went and looked and sure enough Ace had been hacked this year.
Ok that’s good to know because reading the dudes previous posts, he seemed like he posted some legit info on some posts.

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
Scammers have been on their best game lately around here. FlyGuys hacked account got $1100 from a buddy and would have got me if I hadn't bought what he was offering me literally 5 minutes before he messaged, I almost bought the release in this thread but was to late, then got a message earlier today with a guy wanting me to text him then he locked the convo so I couldn't reply. They all know what they are talking about also when having a conversation. Almost makes you leary of the classifieds anymore.

Jon_G

WKR
Damn animals. I hadn't seen this happen before. Not paying anything F&F unless they have good feedback for now. Makes it bad for people on here that are honest.

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
Damn animals. I hadn't seen this happen before. Not paying anything F&F unless they have good feedback for now. Makes it bad for people on here that are honest.
I wouldn't do F&F even if they have good feedback anymore. They will hack into well vetted accounts and seem completely legit. G&S only unless you know them personally. Sad people in this world.

Jon_G

WKR
I wouldn't do F&F even if they have good feedback anymore. They will hack into well vetted accounts and seem completely legit. G&S only unless you know them personally. Sad people in this world.
Yeah you're right. Last week I got a $450 bow case on here for $250. Luckily the dude is super legit even though he's new on here.

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah you're right. Last week I got a $450 bow case on here for $250. Luckily the dude is super legit even though he's new on here.
I've gotten some absolutely killer deals on here, and just a few months ago I had no qualms about it. Just picked up a pair of 8x42 razor uhd's for a killer deal and dude was a great guy. Could have easily gone the other way though. I'm thoroughly vetting anyone I buy from anymore. Never seen veteran accounts get hacked and used to scam.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Now I’m paranoid… I just sent a decent chunk of change to buy a scope off a guy…

I’ve been buying and selling online in a different gun forum for 20 years and luckily have been burned I think twice.

I ask for photos of username with the item and look at a person’s feedback. Otherwise, I don’t think there is much else to do when buying from classifieds. It’s a risk.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
If you enjoy this community do your part and sign up for two step verification login.

It'll keep someone from stealing your Rokslide identity and then ripping off other members.

Your either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Didn't realise this, thanks. Just did this here and google chrome.

CorbLand

WKR
Now I’m paranoid… I just sent a decent chunk of change to buy a scope off a guy…

I’ve been buying and selling online in a different gun forum for 20 years and luckily have been burned I think twice.

I ask for photos of username with the item and look at a person’s feedback. Otherwise, I don’t think there is much else to do when buying from classifieds. It’s a risk.
The username with the item is extremely easy to photoshop. It’s not a good way anymore.