They Don’t Make It or I’m Too Cheap To Buy It

ZuluBravo

WKR
Thought I’d start a thread on some of the random gear I’ve made throughout the years. I originally learned to sew from a buddy who is a USPA rigger. I enjoy learning new tips and tricks with each project. Fortunately I’ve got access to a pretty decent sew shop with multiple heavy duty machines, bar tackers, and what not. This definitely helps! Anyways I’ll post up my DIY gear as I stumble upon it or as I finish up new projects. Let me know what you think!

OP
Z

ZuluBravo

WKR
Here’s the first piece. Wanted a hip bag of sorts to carry my Wild Edge steps and Tethrd platform that was organized, quiet, and efficient. Here’s what I came up with. I wear it on my left hip as I climb. There are two loops on the front of the bag to clip carabiners or my aider. The bag is made out of 500d cordura and lined with some heavy duty pvc coated material.
72B763F1-6F10-428A-9287-48766D5928FE.jpeg
E4D2E60C-42CA-4540-96FC-91C6F0E5CC81.jpeg
D2E2E636-E723-4637-883A-A5B1D171F8D7.jpeg

OP
Z

ZuluBravo

WKR
This project started with me stumbling upon tree saddles last year. I wanted to try one but couldn’t justify the cost. They seemed pretty simple to construct so I thought I’d give it a try. The harness is constructed of breathable mesh and is secured with nylon webbing and cobra buckles. There is a daisy chain of webbing along the belt. The bridge is made of Amsteel with 3mm accessory cord prusiks to clip on a small matching back support. The belt has a removable piece of webbing for some extra length if I’m wearing thick clothing. So far it’s been a blast to hunt out of!
694D0DD1-FC95-4B2B-B293-D25570051350.jpeg
2EB671EA-3689-49AF-8E6D-AD00C946573B.jpeg
3A2A8B62-AEAC-4978-BF99-7BFA3C3AA604.jpeg

three5x5s

WKR
I think they look Great, well thought out, clean stitching, Cobra buckles, Daisy Chains, reinforced loops, all the goodies. I would hire ya, Good job.

Zak1215

FNG
This project started with me stumbling upon tree saddles last year. I wanted to try one but couldn’t justify the cost. They seemed pretty simple to construct so I thought I’d give it a try. The harness is constructed of breathable mesh and is secured with nylon webbing and cobra buckles. There is a daisy chain of webbing along the belt. The bridge is made of Amsteel with 3mm accessory cord prusiks to clip on a small matching back support. The belt has a removable piece of webbing for some extra length if I’m wearing thick clothing. So far it’s been a blast to hunt out of!
View attachment 184515
View attachment 184516
View attachment 184517
Looks great! Nice work.

Here’s the first piece. Wanted a hip bag of sorts to carry my Wild Edge steps and Tethrd platform that was organized, quiet, and efficient. Here’s what I came up with. I wear it on my left hip as I climb. There are two loops on the front of the bag to clip carabiners or my aider. The bag is made out of 500d cordura and lined with some heavy duty pvc coated material.
View attachment 184511
View attachment 184512
View attachment 184513

Isn't that a murse?

Great job on it. Pm me if you might be interested in making a saddle or 3.

CO-AJ

WKR
Looks like really nice work. I can't imagine manipulating dense heavy fabric to be an easy chore. Great job.

gohara

FNG
Wow the saddle looks super professional. This is coming from someone who has no knowledge of tree saddles though!

OP
Z

ZuluBravo

WKR
Been wanting to put one of my Kuiu bags on my Kifaru frame for a while now. Not the cleanest stitches but it works well and is completely interchangeable with the Kifaru frame. 42BF58A5-4C98-4797-A7DA-5F0D2C2724BB.jpeg5B791897-3972-41A9-93B7-96D5141B1CA1.jpeg280A4F1E-41A2-44CE-A7DA-4D302E095A03.jpeg

OP
Z

ZuluBravo

WKR
Also did up some simple daisy chain webbing for the climbing sticks and tree stand. 18 1/2 lbs with four sticks ready to climb!

1B8644CE-CEB3-4E6F-A83D-38481C115CDE.jpeg

StevenH

FNG
View attachment 184515
View attachment 184516
View attachment 184517
I learned about tree saddles some years ago and wanted one to eliminate carrying a stand. I haven't seen one for sale in ages.
Do you have a pattern? I would ask you to make one for me if I didn't recognize the liability risk. I would sign a waiver to use at my own risk.

OP
Z

ZuluBravo

WKR
I learned about tree saddles some years ago and wanted one to eliminate carrying a stand. I haven't seen one for sale in ages.
Do you have a pattern? I would ask you to make one for me if I didn't recognize the liability risk. I would sign a waiver to use at my own risk.

I do not, just went off what felt right as I was fitting it to my body type. I’d make another one if they didn’t take so darn long to make. Probably have 10 hours in this one

OP
Z

ZuluBravo

WKR
@ZackJoe89 not to get too far off topic but how do you like the m7? I’ve always been hesitant because of the platform size

Haven’t had a chance to use it for any substantial sits yet but it’s cheap, lightweight, and comfortable. If you’re thinking about one, I’d say go for it!

Awesome saddle. Do you have a bar tack machine or just running a bunch of zig zags?