Thermarest NeoAir XTherm MAX discontinued sale

mdkelley

FNG
Looks like a new version of the XTherm was released recently. I saved about $100 this week on a large size previous model with the discount. Just letting you guys know incase someone was thinking of getting one. The new model has the fill valve on the side/end instead of sticking up out of the top which didn't matter to me. It is also R6.9 instead of R5.7 and being a warm sleeper I am not worried about that either.

gfreidy

WKR
I saw that the R value adjust was due to the test being adjusted and not an actual product enhancement.

rj2

WKR
Just Google the product. Plenty of places have it for sale.

ljalberta

WKR
I saw that the R value adjust was due to the test being adjusted and not an actual product enhancement.

That's correct. Couple changes to the product like the valve and bottom material, but none to the actual R value. Will be nice to have more standardized R value ratings amongst some of the pad makers though.

It's interesting to note that while Thermarest's pads have all seem to have gone up in rating on the standardized testing, many of Sea to Summits pads have gone down. Glad to have some standardization in play now.

Nick66

FNG
Looks like a new version of the XTherm was released recently. I saved about $100 this week on a large size previous model with the discount. Just letting you guys know incase someone was thinking of getting one. The new model has the fill valve on the side/end instead of sticking up out of the top which didn't matter to me. It is also R6.9 instead of R5.7 and being a warm sleeper I am not worried about that either.
So was the sale on thermarest website?

OP
M

mdkelley

FNG
sorry for late response. The new specs were on thermarest site. They didn't have old model though. Got mine from moosejaw also. $153 for large. Came with stuff sack and pump bag/chair thing. weighed 1lb 7.5 oz in the stuff sac.

Last edited: