Thermal Scope - External Power Question

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
Newbie question on this: Just picked up an AGM 25-384 and will be running an Anker power pack for it. Is there a maximum mAh that they can use? I have several 10,000, but also some larger (26,000 I think?) is that too much juice or can they handle it? Also do you have to remove the Cr123 batteries when you use external power? Really trying to not fry a $2000 unit by mistake.

size doesn't matter, the voltage of the power pack is the same, it's just the mAH capacity that is different. In a pinch when my 6700 anker was dead i ran the anker 26000mAH with zero issues. Just was a bit of a headache because i have the https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-thermal-remote-battery-trb/ on my rail for 6700 so had to use differernt cord running to the 26000mAH in my chest rig for my thermal scanner.

I never have cr123's in my unit because they are dead in no time when its below zero and these are the only conditions I'm using the thermal.

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
size doesn't matter, the voltage of the power pack is the same, it's just the mAH capacity that is different. In a pinch when my 6700 anker was dead i ran the anker 26000mAH with zero issues. Just was a bit of a headache because i have the https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-thermal-remote-battery-trb/ on my rail for 6700 so had to use differernt cord running to the 26000mAH in my chest rig for my thermal scanner.

I never have cr123's in my unit because they are dead in no time when its below zero and these are the only conditions I'm using the thermal.
So I’m fine using a battery pack that has an output of 2V even tho the scope shows that I need to use 3 or 3.7??

from what i have been told by multiple "professionals" is the option to choose between 3 or 3.7 volts in the menu is for when using batteries only. Most optics come factory set at 3 volts but you plan on using rechargeable batteries you need to change the setting to 3.7 volts. They type c usb port on scope is rated at 5vDC.

should mention the menu option i speak off may be different for different MFG's

I picked up this kit and have really liked it for hunting with. The battery goes into the pack and the pack QD mounts to the rail.