Thermacell

2muchhp

WKR
Is a Thermacell as good as it gets for some sort of electronic/mechanical device?

Nite-eze makes a very simmilar device that I have heard good things about. I’ve never used either.

dtrkyman

WKR
Thermacel is amazing on mosquitoes, was turkey hunting a couple weeks ago near a slough, you could not sit there without it, warm it up and they were gone!

OP
2muchhp

2muchhp

WKR
I used a similar type made by OFF a few years ago, it helped but not that great.

Thx

OP
2muchhp

2muchhp

WKR
Thermacell is basically a requirement in the south during early archery season for whitetail. At least it is in my area.
No issues with the thing smelling and removing the deer? I have wondered about that.

TxLite

WKR
No issues with the thing smelling and removing the deer? I have wondered about that.
I’d have to see deer to give you an answer 😂

I think no matter what you’re doing during archery if the wind is wrong the deer will leave

No way!! Deer don’t like mosquitoes either. They basically come running in to get inside the circle. Haha just playing. From my experience if you have the wind right there is no issue. At least not when I had my boys hunting early Kansas youth seasons

2531usmc

WKR
Don’t know if deer can smell it, but I do know you can’t hunt in the north country without it

7mm-08

WKR
Absolute sanity saver for two poor archery caribou hunters in Alaska in August on the North Slope. Fire it up in the tent for a few short minutes to kill the 75 mosquitoes that either rode in on you or flew into the tent when the zipper was open for 60 seconds. I can't believe breathing that stuff is good for you, but it saves 30 minutes of trying to kill them manually. Please don't ask how I know.

OP
2muchhp

2muchhp

WKR
Sounds like a pretty good product.And possibly the best currently on the market

Alvie

FNG
My life would be a lot more miserable without my thermacell. They are all they’re cracked up to be.

Oregon

WKR
I drove one morning 1 hour and 25 minutes to Turkey hunt the Francis Marion NF in South Carolina. Put 4 turkeys to bed. Slam dunk in my mind.
Show up before first light. Clipped on Thermacell to Turkey vest. Hit butane charger to start. Realized, I was out of butane.
Got in truck, drove home.
Does it work?haha.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I was getting hammered spring bear hunting. Anyone every pack these in the backcountry and think its worth the bulk/weight?