Theoretical build value?

SDHNTR

WKR
I have a bunch of parts laying around not being used. If I put em all together could I sell for $3500? That’s about what I I think I would need to make it worth my while. Honest feedback wanted.

Defiance Anti XM
PVA Osprey 6.5prc 7.5T 3B 20” 5/8-24
Defiance BDL bottom metal
AG Composites sporter stock

Last edited:
depends if you catch someone that wants what you have. I’d guess that $3500 is a stretch but maybe.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
depends if you catch someone that wants what you have. I’d guess that $3500 is a stretch but maybe.
You’re right. The more I think about it, I don’t think I would pay $3500 for a rifle from an unknown builder. Maybe if it shot proven bugholes and load data was provided??

wyosam

WKR
What are the parts worth? Complete rifle from an unknown builder probably doesn’t add anything to that total. Aside from bedding, that pile of parts is a rifle with an hour of work (and that’s being generous time wise).
Only thing that might add for someone is no wait for the parts if that’s the build they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
I’d say it would be worth 75% of the new cost of the parts, unless it easily shoots 1/2 MOA then someone would pay you full new price for it.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Well, no one will buy the stock, I’ve tried. Was going to keep the action and the barrel for future plans but haven’t made up my mind.