TheIndoorsman FNG Introduction post

Hello Rokslide members, here for my obligatory introduction post. First and most importantly I wanted to extend my sincere appreciation for this forum, and its contributing members. Like many I am a new member yet I have exploited this resource for the better part of 2 years. Moving forward I hope to not continue to learn from the forum as I have been, but contribute thoughts and experiences of value where I can.
I was born in Cortez, CO. Having spent the majority of my adolescence in SouthWest Colorado with some time having been spent in Utah. I don't come from much but what I was fortunate enough to inherit was a passion for the mountains. I grew up with a mother that always had a horse or five around and a dad that always had a fly rod in his hand or at least on his mind. This brought me to settings that reenforced my affinity for the backcountry. On the other hand it inspired an appetite for western big game hunts. Unfortunately though the appetite was never satisfied. My parents didn't offer much help in my desire to go on these hunts.
Moving on to adulthood I spent the better part of a decade in the military which consumed the majority of my attention. Now, after having separated and living back in CO, I have decided to dive in head first to western big game hunting and all that life has to offer out west. A good friend of mine re-inspired my inspiration to pursue hunting and fishing. He introduced me to waterfowl hunting which has been really exciting. I also, am contributing to the exploding number of archery elk hunters having done my first Archery elk hunt this year which I will do a post on shortly.
I suppose thats all that's relevant for now. If any other information is wanted please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your time and take care.
-TheIndoorsman