WTS The Ultimate .45-70 Takedown

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Full History:

Original JM series Marlin 1895G .45-70 which I bought as an unfired gun. I had Dove's Custom Guns do a major rework and reconfiguration of the gun. The work includes:

2 piece takedown conversion.
Barrel shortened to 16.5".
Target crown on muzzle.
Rear sight delete and install filler blank.
Completely rework trigger.
Polish and hone action.
Install big loop lever.
Meld and gently relieve any sharp angles / edges externally.
Stock shortened x 3/4".
Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad.
Reshape ('bob') top & bottom ends of recoil pad.
Skinner Alaskan Rear Sight w/Aperture ring.
Skinner Bear Buster Front Sight.
Drilled and tapped for scout scope. Screws installed.
Custom base for scout scope rings.
Green Cerakote action, barrel and magazine tube.
Black Cerakote all other metal.
Custom hand-tooled leather sling by Lever Gun Leather. (New $225)
Custom hand-tooled leather butt cuff/pad w/shell loops by LGL. (New $200)
Soft takedown carry case by Skinner. (New $60)
Pelican 1525 AIR hard case perfect for T-D storage and travel. (New $210)

Pics....

kmFdcUql.jpg

KOuHpRIl.jpg

aiJfgOhl.jpg

puuSJ4il.jpg

66FRA04l.jpg

fbx3o6nl.jpg

p14X1bSl.jpg

vNy6BoIl.jpg

ggNyrrBl.jpg

JmzMpKGl.jpg

55X1ta0l.jpg

blAA0YLl.jpg

TDEEDPpl.jpg

It's a true one-of-a-kind custom gun and you won't find another one just like it. Compare this gun to a Wild West Co-Pilot and compare prices. I've owned a WW and they're nice but not close to the level of custom on this gun. The condition is 100% on both wood and metal. Bore is perfect. About 50 rounds have been through it. I guarantee it will shoot as accurately as you can hold on target. Leather work is phenomenal on sling and cuff. The soft t-d case is perfectly sized for packing and carrying into the field. The Pelican case is brand new and never used.

Buy the gun which will include the soft case (nothing else) for $4500

Buy the leather sling and cuff separate for $350

Buy the Pelican case separate for $175

Price for the bundle is $4700 AND I will provide you with several boxes (170 factory rounds) of quality ammo and some empty brass.

I can accept several forms of payment including cashier check, cash, PP, Venmo, credit or debit card. Buyer should contact me to discuss payment type before paying. I can be reached via Rokslide PM or my email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Last edited:

gearguywb

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Very nice!

I didn't realize Jerry was still in the business. He built me several 38 super competition guns back in the day that I used to win some pretty big matches. He has always done great work.

OP
Kevin Dill
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Lots of man hours behind the creation of this weapon.

OP
Kevin Dill
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What a beauty. Just curious, if you don’t mind, why you decided to sell after all that. Work of art!

My wife would explain this best. I'm a guy who likes projects and creativity, but I seldom hang on to the things I create or use. In other words, I never love or covet material things in this life. There's almost nothing I own that I can't let go. This gun has been to Alaska twice and I don't intend to take it again. Since it has no future purpose for me, I've decided it should go. Somebody is going to be very, very pleased when they become the new owner.

Clarktar

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Trade ya a lifetime of free boat rides in PWS?

Had to try....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WHOA... TOTAL DROOL MATERIAL!!!! I really like my Marlin, but THAT thing is so Bad@ss!

Are there only certain models they can do that take-down work to?

Is it only 1895's? ... Or can they also do it for 336's?

(Damn, I'm in trouble. Gonna have to go back up and see what you're asking for this! OUCH!! Sigh... nevermind...)