The Top 1% w/ Dioni

Thanks a ton for recording this podcast @Travis Hobbs and Dioni! That was easily one of my favorite podcast I’ve listened to. I think I’m going download it and listen before each hunting trip. There were so many tips I gathered from that listen with the main one being keeping that optimistic and open mindset when it comes the hunt. I primarily hunt a very easy to draw/OTC set of units and it’s easy to get down and start hunting less effectively as the hunt continues on with no big buck sightings. Also I really appreciated the discussion on spotter vs bino glassing. I too have found myself in the spotter for way too long esp during primetime. Hearing you guys discuss the importance of switching often might force me to optimize my tripod setup.

Question for you, how often do you find big bucks back in those small little niche spots in heavily hunted area where you have killed big bucks before? Are you constantly looking for new little overlooked areas or do you have a bunch that from experience you know to just keep checking?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
cd75ce0fa0b4b0005f2a868bc0a52c87.jpg

Look at the cranium on that guy….

Great podcast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Thanks a ton for recording this podcast @Travis Hobbs and Dioni! That was easily one of my favorite podcast I’ve listened to. I think I’m going download it and listen before each hunting trip. There were so many tips I gathered from that listen with the main one being keeping that optimistic and open mindset when it comes the hunt. I primarily hunt a very easy to draw/OTC set of units and it’s easy to get down and start hunting less effectively as the hunt continues on with no big buck sightings. Also I really appreciated the discussion on spotter vs bino glassing. I too have found myself in the spotter for way too long esp during primetime. Hearing you guys discuss the importance of switching often might force me to optimize my tripod setup.

Question for you, how often do you find big bucks back in those small little niche spots in heavily hunted area where you have killed big bucks before? Are you constantly looking for new little overlooked areas or do you have a bunch that from experience you know to just keep checking?
It can be hit or miss. I've got some spots that seem like they consistently produce big deer and then other spots might be a one-off. I scout so many different places every year because even the best places are not reliable. One of my favorite places used to consistently hold close to 20 different bucks across a little more than a mile of Ridgeline. The last 3 years you're lucky to see a single deer in there over a whole weekend. You really need to diversify If you want to consistently find a big deer.

TButtars

FNG
This podcast is complete bull shit… Don’t listen to a thing they say 🤣😂🤣 The amount of years miles time and money this would have saved me let alone the bucks that have got away.
Man what an awesome podcast not only a podcast full of some of the best tips you’ll find but also a big buck story to go along with them.
@Travis Hobbs @Dioni A if you guys could have done this podcast about 10 years ago that would have been really helpful 🤣😂 but thank you it was awesome I hope people really comprehend what they can get from this.
Can’t thank the rokcast enough for all this free knowledge they provide for us hunters it really makes you a better big buck hunter.

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Great podcast guys, very entertaining, and informative! You guys made me realize, that at times I get caught using my spotter too much to find deer. Keep them coming guys!