"The Season"

a964c902307188fd04b2b3ef46fc20e0.jpg

Been another long day with heavy pack. Heading to Wyoming in the morning. Crappy phone pic in the shadows is all I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bugled this bull in at noon yesterday. Everything was textbook. 35 yard shot, 100 yard recovery.

We now made it to Wyoming and are about an hour from our hunting grounds. Service will be very poor so there probably won't be any updates until we're back into serviceable area.

Damn, is that three bulls in like 10 days????!!!!! Les needs to start a charity to donate all the meat, and take a under-successed Rokslider hunting. And the tag pictures! Hilarious. ha ha ha everytime I see them.

Great job Les.

Wow congrats, yinz are certified elk slayers! Can you explain the logistics of handling that much elk meat? Gotta be 6 or 8 hundred pounds anyway.

Alright guys I'm back into service and headed home. Will be a couple days before I can totally get caught up. Lots of elk meat to take care of, gear to organize, and life in general to catch up on. Hunter and I had 3 E/S elk tags. We tagged (2) 6x6 bulls in Colorado, and I tagged a 5x5 in Wyoming. Mike's tags in WY and CO went unfilled, but not for lack of opportunity. I'll try and post some random pics here in the next couple days and then I'll start filling in the story. I'll also be doing a review of two new Kifaru packs I used, the Kifaru Slick bag, and I will have an interview/tour with Aron at Kifaru. All this will be coming over the next few weeks.

I'm back earlier than anticipated so I'll start bear hunting here in WI this week-end. I'll be headed to KY in two weeks for my second Ironman this year. Although the elk hunts are over this thread will still be seeing a lot of updates. Stay safe and shoot straight.

Back