The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
But it's only in the same sector correct?

For example if pharma skyrockets, its very unlikely it will cause the energy sector to skyrocket as well. Right?

I'm still new to this and been following the thread and I've been learning as i go. But I learned the hard way Coop, if I miss the jump I got to learn to let it go and watch the dips.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes, same sector.

Learning to pass them up, wait for a dip, if no dip keep waiting is the hardest thing to do. That by far is the toughest lesson to learn and it took several times getting burned for me to learn that. It’s hard because it “might” jump 200% after you missed the 25% jump in the first 5 minutes, or it might lose that 25% so fast your head spins

Yes, same sector.

Learning to pass them up, wait for a dip, if no dip keep waiting is the hardest thing to do. That by far is the toughest lesson to learn and it took several times getting burned for me to learn that. It’s hard because it “might” jump 200% after you missed the 25% jump in the first 5 minutes, or it might lose that 25% so fast your head spins
Yes its frustrating to see it go up and up and up. And then just dead falls. All I can think of is "if I would've bought earlier, I'd be rich" lol. I started last month with a few hundred bucks and I was in green in everything, I thought to myself this is to easy, then reality hit so now I'm playing the patience game and holding. And watching those dips.

EastMT

WKR
Yes its frustrating to see it go up and up and up. And then just dead falls. All I can think of is "if I would've bought earlier, I'd be rich" lol. I started last month with a few hundred bucks and I was in green in everything, I thought to myself this is to easy, then reality hit so now I'm playing the patience game and holding. And watching those dips.

Yup, since March it has been easy to at least double your fund. Now the grind starts, have to study, be more careful on your buys. If you don’t have 25k, plan your trades accordingly. Never buy a risky position without one left or you are stuck if it drops bad.

On Webull, plan the settle times, 50% to buy on Monday, 25% Tuesday, 25% Wed. By Thursday the 50% from Monday is settled if you did a day trade. Keeps your funds from being locked up.

Robinhood is handy due to the instant settles, but I can’t tell you how many times I miss out on large gains due to no trading until 8am, after 5 PM. I like it for day trades and scalps, so I don’t have to deal with settles, etc.

mntnguide

WKR
I disappeared into the wilderness for 4 days to ride horses and fish... came out to see my large play last week into WKHS is paying off substantially. Gotta love making money when you aren't even in cell service

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
My nephew texted me that his SHIP stock "went way up with less shares"....oy....I told him a couple of weeks ago that reverse split is always a possibility with some of these.
Thankfully I'm only holding TOPS, and not many shares.
Last week was a nice spike on both of those. Hard to say when that will happen again, so fair warning to all.

My stop loss tripped in TGI now I have to wait I guess, I still haven’t figured that all out with etrade. Guess I don’t have enough in there for day trading. Probably best for me.

anyone feeling bullish on AAL? It’s not like airlines are permanently Trash

JakeSCH

WKR
I disappeared into the wilderness for 4 days to ride horses and fish... came out to see my large play last week into WKHS is paying off substantially. Gotta love making money when you aren't even in cell service

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got on that same train, except I didn't buy in heavy. But doubling any amount of money is nice!

ORHunter

WKR
Hopefully this will help the small oil stocks that have been taking another beating lately.
489dec673d9aa01ee7fedaf6666ac380.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
what’s a potential play there?
Well, that depends on one's goals and fortitude. This company is solid (low debt ratio, high tute ownership, beaucoup assets, etc) but it's a volatile industry right now. I think oil will be back strong and I'm trying to hold for $4 = six figures.
My 25K share hold has been way up, but I've also seen those gains evaporate several times. I just try to ignore the noise. The election poses potential risk to my strategy, but it is what it is. Some tihngs are out of our hands as traders.
It ain't easy...grin.

what stock.

Well, that depends on one's goals and fortitude. This company is solid (low debt ratio, high tute ownership, beaucoup assets, etc) but it's a volatile industry right now. I think oil will be back strong and I'm trying to hold for $4 = six figures.
My 25K share hold has been way up, but I've also seen those gains evaporate several times. I just try to ignore the noise. The election poses potential risk to my strategy, but it is what it is. Some tihngs are out of our hands as traders.
It ain't easy...grin.