The perfect hunting scope.

Does the perfect hunting scope exist?

• Total voters

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I THINK it was 17 for the HD though
This is a photo of the first coyote I killed with a newly installed VX6HD onto a Sako .204 Ruger rifle had killed quite a few before this scope went on... Time stamp on the photo is May 2016.

VX6.JPG

Last edited:
I voted no. But we are "oh so close" with Maven RS1.2, Nightforce SHV F1, and Leupold Mark 4. I'm quite happy with the SHV and plan to use the RS1.2 on my next hunting rifle.

But if I'm being super picky (because we are going for perfect), I want:
  • Nightforce reliability.
  • FFP/MIL similar to the RS1.2 reticle.
  • 3-12 x 44 Leupold quality glass. (4x should keep the eye box very nice with no real compromises on either end. 3X givers me a nice walking around FOV, 12X is great for target shooting and load development.)
  • Cherry on top would be figuring out how to implement Trijicon's Accupoint fiber optic properly with the FFP reticle.

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
To me the perfect rifle scope exists, it just needs to be changed lol. 2.5-10 NXS would be perfect with a better reticle and FFP

The non HD VX6 has been around since 2012 or 2013. I have 2 rifles that I built in 2013 that I have pictures of with them on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I d
I stand corrected
I dug through an old email account... I used to get sent Leupold scopes before they were for sale to the public. Looks like my first tracking number on a VX6HD was February 2015. This means it was likely released officially sometime in 2016.

I voted no. But we are "oh so close" with Maven RS1.2, Nightforce SHV F1, and Leupold Mark 4. I'm quite happy with the SHV and plan to use the RS1.2 on my next hunting rifle.

But if I'm being super picky (because we are going for perfect), I want:
  • Nightforce reliability.
  • FFP/MIL similar to the RS1.2 reticle.
  • 3-12 x 44 Leupold quality glass. (4x should keep the eye box very nice with no real compromises on either end. 3X givers me a nice walking around FOV, 12X is great for target shooting and load development.)
  • Cherry on top would be figuring out how to implement Trijicon's Accupoint fiber optic properly with the FFP reticle.

How does the glass in the RS 1.2 compare to Leupold HD glass?

KenLee

WKR
I d

I dug through an old email account... I used to get sent Leupold scopes before they were for sale to the public. Looks like my first tracking number on a VX6HD was February 2015. This means it was likely released officially sometime in 2016.
Makes sense that the local shops around here were a year behind back then. With all the internet sales these days, Noone can afford to be behind.

JGRaider

WKR
I d

I'll have to go back and look at mine, may not even be the HD model but it really makes no difference to me. Glass is great. Up until I got sick of the Leupold BS with the new regime up in Oregon, I was part of their G&O program, and I got my VX6 when they were first announced, probably why there's no logo on it.

Just checked.....non HD model.

Last edited:

JGRaider

WKR
I only have one other Leupold scope, a VX3 2.5-8x36 with B&C reticle. I have it on a Tikka T3 7mm08. It launches 140AB's at 2820fps and is zero'd for 215 yds, which makes the hashes line up perfectly for 300, 400, 450, and 500 yd holdovers.