The nod goes to SG Sentinel Bino Harness

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
I know, lots of posts on bino harnesses. I am adding one because they have been the bane of my existence for a LONG time. 99 percent of the time I am bowhunting. That includes all types from treestands to western spot and stalk. I am not the guide who wants to carry the kitchen sink in his bino harness. I want mine to be no larger than absolutely necessary. I want mine to be comfortable, durable and light. Here are the ones I have tried. Until recently I went with Kuiu. No real complaints other than it is a little larger or “bulkier” than I needed. It did the job, but was a little awkward. Tried the Badlands X2 and it was again okay. I almost went with it, the primary reason I did not was I found it a little deeper than I needed. I don’t like a bino case that stick out a long ways from my chest. It was comfortable, but I put it in the class of my Kuiu - “would do the job but not in love with it”. Tried Cabelas Instinct and the case was small and nice, but the harness was cheap and not comfortable. Which cheap and not of acceptable quality should be Cabela’s slogan these days since they were acquired by Bass Pro. I look for them to stop carrying hunting items any day. Don’t get me started. Back to bino harnesses - tried Marsupial, Mystery Ranch, FHF, and Muley Freak. They all fit into the same class. They were well built and very rugged. They were also oversized for my liking. But, if I wanted to drag my binos behind the truck on the way into camp and have plenty of room for the binos to be comfortable they would be a great pick.

Next I tried the Stone Glacier Sentinel. I have fallen in love with these. Where do I start. The harness itself is comfortable and easy to put on and does NOT interfere with my backpack in anyway. When harnesses are too thick I do not think they work well with a pack. The case itself is very adjustable to fit each pair of binos and for those no magnet guys (magnets don’t really bother me) there are none. Two nods to the adjustability of this case. Most importantly the case is thin. It is not so bulky that an athletic guy can’t see his feet with the darn thing on. I don’t want to feel pregnant wearing a bino harness. Finally the material is rugged enough to protect the bino, but not so rugged that it is bulky. Well done SG and thanks to those on here that gave similar shout outs to the Sentinel which is why I tried them.

snomoB

FNG
Thanks for this review. I have tried several of the above mentioned and prefer the Kuiu so far, but I see they recently made changes and call it a pro or elite or something even fancier. I will now try the SG after reading your write-up. I want to see my feet!