The most durable pants?

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Why not buy the ones that have the best warranty that you like? Then you have new pants every 3-4 months for free instead of trying to make some last longer?

Dave0317

WKR
Ok I give up. I bust through fjallraven, kuiu attack, carhart, Duluth, all in 3-4 months. Not even hunting just daily labor at work. What pair of pants can I buy that will last more then 3-4 months of daily bars use? I bought a pair of 1620 workwear that I love but the crotch seam started to come undone after one wear. They’re replacing it on warranty but still- what is the most durable pair of pants, hopefully with some stretch, that you own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you do to tear pants up so quick?
What does 3-4 month of “daily bars use” mean?

If you are truly tearing pants up that quick, I am
surprised your employer isn’t providing them to you. Most industries that are that hard on clothing get issued coveralls and PPE I would think.

But in any case, if the pants you mentioned already are tearing up that quick, you probably need to consider what pants are easy to patch/repair, cheap to replace, and can you wear some knee pads, shin guards, chaps, something to protect them?

I’m a carpenter and used to wear shorts in the summer. Carhartt and Duluth fire hose in the winter. I bought a pair of Duluth Dry on the Fly cargo pants on sale about 3 years ago. I have not worn shorts to work since. Have 5 pairs now I rotate for work and 2 pairs I keep nice for hiking/wearing around town. I also wear them most of the winter if I’m not going to be outside much. They are crazy comfortable and keep you cool when it’s hot. Only damage I’ve got is the stitching on the seams at top of front pocket wears out from hooking my utility knife and tape measure on it. Haven’t had to retire a pair yet, they stretch and do not get holes. Unfortunately they used to have much better color options.

Last edited: