The 6UM

BjornF16

WKR
I’ve never traveled with firearms in Africa but do they measure the projectiles? Just stamp your barrel 6.5 saum and your gtg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They check barrel stamp and cartridge head stamp (and ammo container markings)

I suppose 6.5 SAUM stamped on barrel with another 6UM somewhere would work

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Is anyone using the Ace barrels that UM offers? Can seem to find many relevant reviews…
There's not a ton in the wild yet. Jake and I used them on our Comp rifles for the NF ELR challenge, and they were great. They are six Ballard riflings which are a little different than most are used to. But the owner, Mark, has been in the barrel game for a long time. Bruce Thom from Bat Machine used to work for him. There will be several 6UM builds with Ace Barrels very soon.

amassi

WKR
Action back from Nitrite ... Check
Stock from Stockys ........ Check
The scope is ready to go ........... Check
Barrel from Benchmark ordered over a year ago....... **** no!

Which stockys stock did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action back from Nitrite ... Check
Stock from Stockys ........ Check
The scope is ready to go ........... Check
Barrel from Benchmark ordered over a year ago....... **** no!

WTF, I had a 6mm #4 from benchmark in less than a month after ordering this spring. Crazy.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
WTF, I had a 6mm #4 from benchmark in less than a month after ordering this spring. Crazy.
That’s the same thing I(Jake) ordered. Maybe it’s the 16” that’s holding it up. No idea!

That’s the same thing I(Jake) ordered. Maybe it’s the 16” that’s holding it up. No idea!

Maybe they sold me yours.. I emailed them to get an idea of lead time in Feb and they told me they could have one to me in a couple weeks and "The barrel we have available is is a 7.5 twist 4 groove." I got it to finish @ 18".

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Maybe they sold me yours.. I emailed them to get an idea of lead time in Feb and they told me they could have one to me in a couple weeks and "The barrel we have available is is a 7.5 twist 4 groove." I got it to finish @ 18".
You owe me some money 🤣🤣🤣