Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
That tracks out to 500 like you said.
I’ve always looked at 1,000. Wonder if I’m doing this mil number wrong

Depending on your bullet/speed that number drops at distance. In general I look at the wind number for shots if reasonably take in a hurry. A 1k shot isn’t one I’m ready to take on an animal but if I had to I’d want the time to do more.

After seeing how a 6 creed with a 103 ELD x performed on a coyote I don't have a lot of hope for the 80 ELD x. I would of called it a perfect shot when I saw the impact. Got down to it and there wasn't much blood. Found where it tumbled multiple times during it's 45-50 yard death sprint. The bullet entered right behind the shoulder mid body and exited the same on the other side. It was factory ammo, 270 yards, long barrel.

I am guessing the 80 ELD x will be good for high velocity impacts.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
That tracks out to 500 like you said.
I’ve always looked at 1,000. Wonder if I’m doing this mil number wrong

Yes, you kinda are. The wind bracket is good from 100 to whatever distance it stops working. As Lawnboi stated it’s for mid range shooting primarily, 100-600’ish yards. Some combos can go farther.

I check what the bracket is at 600 yards in the app then confirm at 400 and 700 yards.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
After seeing how a 6 creed with a 103 ELD x performed on a coyote I don't have a lot of hope for the 80 ELD x. I would of called it a perfect shot when I saw the impact. Got down to it and there wasn't much blood. Found where it tumbled multiple times during it's 45-50 yard death sprint. The bullet entered right behind the shoulder mid body and exited the same on the other side. It was factory ammo, 270 yards, long barrel.

I am guessing the 80 ELD x will be good for high velocity impacts.

?

They aren’t a coyote bullet.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
The 77 TMK isn't a big game bullet but seems to work??????

The ELD-X was designed to give sufficient penetration (16-18” minimum) for big game. To do that it controls how much the bullet upsets, elongating the wound channel.
Lots of bullets that work great in deer, elk, and bear create runners with coyotes.
To your point, the 77gr TMK creates more runners with coyotes than 35-60gr varmint bullets.

amassi

WKR
Yes, you kinda are. The wind bracket is good from 100 to whatever distance it stops working. As Lawnboi stated it’s for mid range shooting primarily, 100-600’ish yards. Some combos can go farther.

I check what the bracket is at 600 yards in the app then confirm at 400 and 700 yards.

Thanks will give it a shot

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
That wasn't my point but doesn't matter.

That’s what I’m asking- what was your point? You said you don’t have a lot of hope for an 80gr ELD-X after seeing how a 103gr performed on a coyote, so I’m trying to understand what you meant.

ELD-X’s aren’t made to perform perfectly for coyotes- what does that have to do with other game?

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
They're not terrible, 1.5 moa at worst so far, but if I can get 1 moa or better, I'd feel a lot better.
I understand. Once you have a few rifles that shoot real well it’s hard to have confidence in a 1.5 moa gun. Even though it’s probably adequate for big game.