The 10 most unreliable firearms

Rich M

WKR
Can you change firearms to handguns in the title? Then folks wh want that kind of clickbait will respond.

I thought it was rifles and its handguns. Handguns hardly qualify for the title firearms or weapons for a reason.

Anyway, the hi-point 9mm has a vidoe series of 2 guys trying to break one and they basically couldnt.

KenLee

WKR
83cj,
Yeah good comment…

I am not the most qualified to comment on these different platforms, just a guy that likes to shoot them. My personal worst was a brand new (read tight as hell) Springer TRP. It took 500 rds to wear that pistol in…no work done, I just needed to shoot it, now its practically perfect.

I had a blowback American Arms .22 that was a malfunction drill machine.

I have seen some different Glocks that had been modified that didn’t function perfect…including 3 G20’s where guys changed barrels, springs, GR….when my stock G20 is flawless with everything inc 700rds of Double Tap 200g hard cast.

Its funny how some think they are smarter than Glock.
Agreed on the Glocks. Folks are always trying to convince me they "need" something. Damn that, I'm buying ammo.

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
Having worked at a firearms training school for more than 10 years I can say that the most unreliable pistols are usually high end 1911s of various makes and calibers. So many times the $2k + custom 1911 that some guy is so proud of wont go 20 rounds without a malfunction. Most of those people end up with a G19 in their hands to finish out the day/weekend. That said, an old or new sloppy 1911 in 45 using 7 round mags will run darn near perfect for thousands of rounds.
I’ve had the same experience when I worked at a firearms retailer for several years, high end 1911s (kimber, Dan Wesson) were always getting returned for failure to cycle, but the cheaper rock islands were fine. Springfield XDs were the most common plastic gun to have issues. I never saw a single glock go back for repairs the entire time I worked there.

LoggerDan

WKR
My woman has the skky. I’m three boxes into it, with no malfunction, but I do worry. I have heard of concerns about the skky, but it was a completely different issue than failure to feed or extract. It’ll probably end up sold down the river and that’s a shame; it was nothing fancy or extra but it’s a pretty doggone good feeling compact pistol To always have in your vest.

RussDXT

WKR
I’ve run a bunch of rounds through 10 different 320’s. Never had an issue unless I was trying to get (the only one I had a tb for) to run suppressed. I also have a bunch of rounds through Glocks and have only seen issues with heavy 10mm reloads, and weak 115 grn fmj with new pistols.

I feel I can achieve accuracy easier with a 320, but really like the simplicity of a Glock.

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
Kimbers and glocks have to be somewhere on the list.

You just gave away your lack of firearms knowledge with that comment.

Glock, Ugh no.
I've seen my Glocks malfunction....when my 8 yr old niece limp wristed it....or really bad ammo...thats about it.

Kimbers sure....what shocks me is how they ship out so many that have small issues...but then they are good about taking it back in and fine tuning them. My one Kimber, a CQB that I won at a banquet functions and shoot s great...and only gets better.

You just gave away your lack of firearms knowledge with that comment.

Glock, Ugh no.
I've seen my Glocks malfunction....when my 8 yr old niece limp wristed it....or really bad ammo...thats about it.

Kimbers sure....what shocks me is how they ship out so many that have small issues...but then they are good about taking it back in and fine tuning them. My one Kimber, a CQB that I won at a banquet functions and shoot s great...and only gets better.
Kimber's poor mags and extractor tension issues gave it a bad name. Had several Kimber's and a properly tuned extractor and Wilson combat mags and never had an issue. Tuning Schwartz tuning isn't very hard either... Or hard to remove.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Gen273

WKR
How many glocks have your owned or shot ?
I have owned well over two dozen, and I have only had one FTF and it was one of my reloads in a G23. In my experience, a Glock always goes bang and bang again if you need it to. I have also had six or seven Kimbers and never had a bad one. Maybe I am just lucky 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Your mileage may vary.

I did buy some cheap steel case that has an occasional failure to feed with gl9 Magpul mags in my shadow systems, runs fine through my Glock 19, 26, wife’s 48. With Glock mags run fine in shadow systems. That’s a mag failure in my mind. 320 I sold jammed once it was early and light ammo. I’ll stick to Glock with no mods for protection, shadow mainly a fun gun