Texas Mgm’t Buck Hunt Recommendation

ATL

FNG
Not a style of hunting that is normally discussed on the forum, but thought maybe someone here may be able to make a recommendation of a good outfit/ranch. All my regular hunts are DIY on public land in KY, NY, NM, WY. This year I am interested in taking my daughter on a rifle Whitetail hunt during her winter break from school, late December - early January. I would prefer low fence, with the expectations to see lots of animals. If lodging is provided on site It is important that the accommodations be private and clean (don’t want us bunking with 20 guys in one room), and the food be more than just descent. So many ranches advertise basically what I am looking for, it is difficult to wade through them all. Thanks to whoever may be able to assist.

OP
ATL

ATL

FNG
Thank you for reaching out. I am out of my element finding a place to hunt in Texas that meets our expectations. I have no experience or personal contacts there. Your assistance is very welcomed.

I appreciate many of the ranches that provide these hunts are located on huge properties. I guess when I say I would prefer “low fence” I am trying to avoid hunting pen raised deer in a park like setting? A large, wild, ranch would likely make me happy regardless of fencing.

From what I have reasearched so far, for a three day/two night hunt in South Texas or the Hill Country, I am expecting $2000-$3500 base price for the chance to hunt for a mature management 8 point buck (up to 120-130”?). Price range to cover levels of accommodations, local hotel/meals on us to lodging and meals provided by the ranch. Likely another $250-$500 for my daughter to accompany me. I understand meat processing, travel, tips are on me. Please let me know if I am way off on my expectations.

Don’t get too hung up on high fences, some guys pen raise deer and/or supplement genetics and use high fences to keep their herd in, to each his own but I personally don’t care for or want anything to do with those operations. There are lots of high fence ranches that have native herds and are just trying to manage a ranch without the next door neighbor sitting on the fence line and shooting anything that gets close to it.